Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Stihl 025 shows heat color all the way around my bar. (prolly my fault tho) [/QUOTE]

If it is a Stihl bar, it may very well be the heat treating from the factory. It is very even all around the bar.

precise

"Hey, Miking! In the owners manual I find where to set the screws "with the caps on." But I did pull them. I counted the turns all the way in. I have a pretty good Idea where the go, but I wanted to make sure from sumone else's input.
When it idles about where I feel it should be...it makes a "clankin" sound, like the muffler is bangin on metal. But if I lower the L (ccw) it stops. Not sure if maybe the clutch is tryin ta ingage or what.
I can tell when it's 4-strokin @ wot when it's really fat. But it's kinda hard fer me to hear the exact point it goes to 2-strokin. It's not as dicernable as the videos on here. :)
Ok, Thankee!"
Schipp

most likely me

My Stihl 025 shows heat color all the way around my bar. (prolly my fault tho)

If it is a Stihl bar, it may very well be the heat treating from the factory. It is very even all around the bar.[/QUOTE]

"No this just appeared the last time'er two that I used it. It got hot fer sum reason. (oil hole may hav clogged?) Bar was a bit flared as well b4 I filed it smooth. I'm learnin alot on proper maintainance of saws." :)

600p at work

I was reading on this thread this afternoon after I finished some spraying. Then got juiced, I had some free time, so thought I would go down and beaver away some more at a giant twin hickory I have been working on in my spare time. Big fun!

I stopped cutting awhile ago on it because it was too muddy to get down there, but today it was dry enough so I took the sprayer off, stuck the box back on, and called the dogs and went down. I've been walking by periodically and stripping as much of that dinosaur scale bark off as I could with an axe, man, *that* helped with cutting it. Was able to finish up one of the two big logs there easy without dulling the chain like I was before trying to cut through the nasty bark and all that dirt under it. Worth the effort, a little "log prep". Before, cutting through that stuff, the chain would dull within 3-4 cuts.

Anyway, total I got well over thirty more big rounds to tote back up to the house, plus the whole other log left to cut. Lost track how many loads of wood this has been, a lot, more than three cords so far. Finished off the one log, got 18 more big rounds from it from where I stopped before, plus noodled off some knots and branch stubs so I could roll the dang things into the cargo box. There's technically six cuts left on that log, but hit the rot at the base that's fulla ants and stuff so stopped there. I will donate that chunk of log back into the eco-system.. ;)

Dang, I can't remember exactly what my carb is set at now, seems to me around an 1/8th to 1/4 richer on both screws from the factory stock setting. I'm leaving it there until I hit ten or twelve tanks now. (half way there today) It ran with the stock setting, just too fast and lean and I almost roached it. Even now I am not running it WOT, only around 3/4 to 7/8ths throttle, still cuts great, although I would have liked to have a larger bar than the 20 I have been using on this real big stuff. Oh, the plug looks fine there as well, not showing too lean/hot or excessive carbon rich.

Cool as always Brad, I been trying to check out brands I don't know alot about. This echo cs-600p seems pretty impressive I'd kinda like a closer look at your port work, but I guess every good cook has to have his secrets. Great work as usual, but I have to admit that little 450 was pretty impressive to. In any case I think I am gonna look closer at echo. Very impressive stuff guys!!

Fir! And, just so we're clear, it also hands my buds 026 it's a$$. The Echo absolutely buries the 026. ;)
Amazing little saw.

Thats fine but mine holds its value:msp_tongue:

I need to find a 530 ive heard they are pretty sweet....

Nice results with the 600P Brad, thanks for sharing.

I've had my eye on one for some time, thinking that particular saw may be a "home-run" in Echo's newer line-up.

Some of the newer offerings are just OK, some are a tad "weak", others strong performers. Pound for pound the CS-510 is the hands down winner for Echo's in my line-up. I would imagine the 520 and 530 are about the same deal.

I sold my CS-670, and the 800, too heavy and too slow for the weight. I loaned out my CS-6700 over a year ago, and don't even care if it comes back!

BTW PGG, my little CS-360T still has NOT developed a "death-rattle", but I'm running the piss out of it just about every day, hoping that you are correct! So far it's just been dead solid reliable, with zero issues anyplace....sorry to disappoint you.....Cliff

Steve, good question. It's been in service at least 3 years, and honestly, I run it several times a week.

It's a very powerful saw, and fast. The rev limiter comes on around 14,500 and is annoying at times, but it continues to live.

Last year we were hired to take down 70 trees in Delaware Ohio, on an estate. We ran the saw almost continuously for two days, as the tress (mostly pine) had thousands of limbs on them. I shot a pic of my helper Nathan, we couldn't pry the little Echo away from him for two days!

The little 360T never grumbled once.

I don't give it any special treatment, and it's set lean enough it's right up on the rev limiter at no-load. I've been hoping that it would develope a "death rattle", and if/when it does, I'll let everyone know here.

Instead, it continues to run just fine.

The only negative about that saw is that it's a tad "bulky". I wished Echo had built it on the older Reed Valve engine top handle chassis.....Cliff
attachment.php

Cliff , my cs520 saws pull a little better than my cs510 saws which pull good. They have a different shortblock ($190 online or at your dealer for a whole new engine which will take less than 1 hour to change, about the price of a cylinder at Stihl) and a different crank, I think with a tad longer stroke as the rings are the same.

Clay A 026 might bring $50 to $100 more than a Echo 50cc saw but it cost $200 more to start with so which one cost less to own? I bought my first 2 CS510 saws off Ebay for $200 8 years ago and right now I'd get close to that on Ebay, $175 would be the least. Steve

Cliff , my cs520 saws pull a little better than my cs510 saws which pull good. They have a different shortblock ($190 online or at your dealer for a whole new engine which will take less than 1 hour to change, about the price of a cylinder at Stihl) and a different crank, I think with a tad longer stroke as the rings are the same.

Clay A 026 might bring $50 to $100 more than a Echo 50cc saw but it cost $200 more to start with so which one cost less to own? I bought my first 2 CS510 saws off Ebay for $200 8 years ago and right now I'd get close to that on Ebay, $175 would be the least. Steve
Mine didnt cost me anything:msp_tongue:

Steve, I bought a CS-520 off of Ebay, and muffler modded it same as my 510. The 510 smoked it on timed test runs. Not exactly sure why, both engines have good compression, same bar/chain set-up, etc?......Cliff

I "want" but dont need a 600, its a great saw! I'll get one someday

Echo OPE are as good if not more dependable than Stihl and cost a lot less to buy and repair. I've been in the lawn care business for 25 years and have owned both and they are about equal IMHO.

Stihl is great stuff but damn expensive!

If you got it free what kind of resale is that. There are always good deals out there but we need to talk average resale. Steve
Come on guys i like echo lets not start bashing each other on what brands we have.

The saw that this thread is about is mine and it got into some wood this last weekend. I wasn't able to use it but my nephew did(under my supervision). Wow! This thing really runs. The chain was a new Stihl 3/8 RSC with the 20" bar and the oiler set at max. The mix was 40 to 1 with Chevron 91 and Stihl Ultra. This is a very good work saw for smaller stuff with a lot more power than stock. Sounds awsome and cuts great. It was well worth the money for the mods.

I was also able to get my new Snellerized Stihl MS 460 in some wood also. My nephew is a Stihl Head and had his new MS 660 to show his uncle how bad his new saw was. After using my 460 and the Echo 600p, his saw is going back to Brad for mods. He could not believe how well that 460 ran. I am really happy with how both turned out. I stay out of the debates on what saw is faster and better, and all the brand loyality stuff. From my limited experience with chainsaws, I would call both of these modified saws a resounding success!

In the morning, I am off to look at a 1 year old Stihl MS 880 ..........Damn CAD

Back