ECHO CS 670 advise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr27236

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So there is someone selling a 8 year old echo cs670 local to me on cl.
He says it got a bad mix and needs a new piston on jug. Hes asking $50
My question are:
Is it worth it?
Are replacement parts expensive
Are the jugs nikalsil? Able to be cleaned up if damage isnt bad?
Didnt see piston and jug on hl but im sure they have it.

For that money, i wouldnt give it a second thought. ;)

Replacement piston and jug are around $150 on ereplacementparts.com. I believe the jug is nikasil, so you've got a chance of cleaning it up.

I run a CS-680, and its a great saw. It will bog easily unless you richen it up, i found it seemed i had to go richer than other saws (tuning by ear) to get the best performance in the cut.

8 year old means OE spares are still available. With Yamabiko it usually takes 10-15 days if the dealership hasn't them available.
I haven't bought any Yamabiko spares since 2014 so I cannot comment on present prices. Will do once the parts needed to restore the "new to me" Shindaiwa brushcutter arrive. ;)

Now one thing: "bad mix" translate into "straight gassed". You'll surely need new piston and rings and probably crank bearings. There's 50% chance you'll be able to recover the cylinder. Nikasil plated or not, I'd wait until I have the cylinder on the bench under a strong light before deciding.

Another member had seen this ad before me, so im giving him first dibs on it.

Back