Echo cts610evl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddyw

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I had a guy give me this saw over the week end.
Any opinions on this saw ? Good ? Bad ? ugly ? parts available ?
After the Holliday's , I will see about getting it to run again after sitting under
the guys bench for years.

After the Holliday's , I will see about getting it to run again after sitting under

- Good, reliable starter
- Average performer
- A bit bulky
- VERY smooth runner
- Some parts can be TOUGH (like air filters and AV buffers)

Buddy, nice score. I think that I had one at Ernie's GTG, not sure if anyone ran it. Ted summed it up fairly well, I would classify it as a novelty.

Yes thay are heavy for power but i use mine and dont mind the weight.:lol:
oh and

:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

I watched the John Deere equivalent to this saw(made by Echo) sell for $1400.00 on flea-bay this past Sunday. If your saw is in good condition, it is collectible and worth a few bucks. Interesting to work on.

You will note the integral idle adjust and oiler adjustment knobs and manual oiler. Nice touches. The only saw I own that will stay put when idling on the driveway. Heavy for a 60 cc saw though.

Mine...

Echo610EVL1_zps31a72e2d.jpg

I know twins are not the answer for a high production falling/limbing saw....the oem's only made a few for a short period. But to a full fledged CAD infected saw monger, the twins will always be special. l say the twin should be revived and given another go, even if they just made a small short run of them to suffice special CAD recipients. With all the saw mods going round surely adding another cylinder has to be up there. Maybe back in the day the OEM twin engineer had CAD, designed the twin, & got fired when no one bought them.

Apparently, there's a great video on YouTube of a guy working on one.

Owner didn't know it was a twin, pulled the rear plug, and the saw started and ran. Owner stood there starring at the saw in disbelief.

Damn, I want one of theses.

I was told once by an old dealer that farmers would use this capability to use the saw as a portable/emergency compressor at times.

At best a pure collectors item, as the cylinders came with very bad and gutless porting. Mastermind once tried to improve one of them (long thread here), but I don't think it went very well....

At best a pure collectors item, as the cylinders came with very bad and gutless porting. Mastermind once tried to improve one of them (long thread here), but I don't think it went very well....

Absolutely correct but some things don't necessarily need modification to instill pride of ownership.

Latest posts

Back