Echo has a new CS-490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meant to compete with the ms250 and husky 450 but with magnesium case like the 590 has over the ms310 and 460 rancher. At $350 Echo has another best bang for your buck saw! These are already available at the factory. I plan to get one on my next order!

Ok looked over the specs.both the 490 and 500 have the rim sprocket.the only difference i see is the 490 comes with a cheaper bar and plastic handle bar.;) i can see me getting one in the future.plastic handlebars don't worry me the least bit.my redmax has a plastic handlebar and so does my ms360.

I called a local Elite Echo Dealer. No warehouse has this in stock.

Can this be purchased online elsewhere? Even the Echo website does not have the option to purchase it.

Echo has been making some real savvy marketing decisions and this has got to be hurting the competition. For instance, the CS-590 Timberwolf offers incredible value for the money. When they had Echo customer appreciation days, they offered 20% off. I walked away with a CS-590 for about $338 tax included. In my opinion, it is way superior to Husqvarna farm and ranch grade saws like the 460 which costs considerably more. This new CS-490 is going to dominate sales in the 42 to 50 cc class just because of weight and price. This is going to force more competition between major manufacturers, and I would not doubt that someone like Electrolux/Husqvarna tries to take over Echo like they did Redmax. How many new Redmax saws do you see advertised "this year." I'm still mad they took away the G5000Av. Fortunately, I have two brand new G5000 powerheads still in the box, plus extra oil pumps for each. Same thing will probably happen to Echo someday.

Back