Echo has a new CS-490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i buy my cs500 the dealer let me it with 1 1/2 on the L and 1/2 on the H realy run like a ***** and don't want to idle good . With the tube on the mufleur removed , the flake on the intake removed , the fuel tank vent removed (and no air filter ;p) i run it with 1 3/4 on the L and 4 1/2 on the H for a beautiful brown spark plug

4 1/2 turns out on your high needle.....really?

i check the plug after tuning to see what the color is....after i run it ... with the echos i been going pig rich and cutting and adjusting etc... then when i think im good i will cut a lil and check plug.....for a nice tan color.....

I don't ever have a plug w/ a nice tan color. They are all black. Maybe my saws would run better if I would lean them out a little. Thanks.

yep it's definately not a hot rod and it's not a hard wood but she always do the work i want . I am curious about trying to see how much hour i can put on a masterminded one they look like to got to much hp on it

yep it's definately not a hot rod and it's not a hard wood but she always do the work i want . I am curious about trying to see how much hour i can put on a masterminded one they look like to got to much hp on it
Theres never too much power lol

WSE, mind sharing the what the default setting is for the H L screws? Just wanted to know in advance before I mess with it :)

Just mess with it anyways. Youl need to go richer low and high.

agreed....tune it then put it in wood make some cuts and tweek it....thats what i do .....best thing is when your working it hard keep on adjusting till its just right.....if you mod it then you will have to adjust for that as well.....

Just mess with it anyways. Youl need to go richer low and high.
I fine thread sheet rock screw works great for that turn it in the tunning cap till you feel it bottom out then turn your screw counter clockwise till it stops and pull cap is out carb still on the saw and ur fully tuneable faster than you can chug a beer on a hot day

agreed....tune it then put it in wood make some cuts and tweek it....thats what i do .....best thing is when your working it hard keep on adjusting till its just right.....if you mod it then you will have to adjust for that as well.....
Yeah i have been thinkin of some thin wall fuel line on a screw driver so it can stay on the needle while running for tuning while cutting with no slip results

My CS-490 does not have the default setting for H L, but I believe the 370 had listed.

Reason I'm asking is that when I pull the caps off, I will eventually take it off the default settings.

Worst case scenario, if I mess up the tune too much that I can't even start it, I can always put it back to factory settings.

Back