Economics of paying for wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
must be a good kid to work like that for a franklin and not leave before noon ! most kids I offer jobs to want paid in advance and tell you they will be there next week when the job offer is for today or the next...... I start at 10.00 an hour and with good workers usually end up paying 15.00 for hard workers! on time dressed for the work conditions with lunch in hand! most show up in sandals or flip flops and cut offs to work in the woods, many times had adults not differently dressed.... lol
What's the problem with cutoffs?

that's a good one, question that is! answer, ever work in black berry vines or club thorns and maybe poison ivy? lol
Plenty of times and my legs get cut to hell but I'd much rather deal with that pain than sweat anymore than I have to. Unless I have a wedding or funeral to attend, pants don't touch my legs in the summer.
Poison ivy, well I get that so bad it doesn't matter much what I wear. That stuff is the devil to me. Have woken up with an eye swelled shut the morning after exposure.

Plenty of times and my legs get cut to hell but I'd much rather deal with that pain than sweat anymore than I have to. Unless I have a wedding or funeral to attend, pants don't touch my legs in the summer.
Poison ivy, well I get that so bad it doesn't matter much what I wear. That stuff is the devil to me. Have woken up with an eye swelled shut the morning after exposure.
to each their own I guess? I will go for denim over forest rash any day don't matter how hot it is !

I don't wear denim as I'd sweat like a sieve, but I wouldn't wear shorts working around my area either (brambles, poison ivy, thick brush, mosquitos, etc). Instead I wear loose hiker's pants which have elastic cinch strings around the cuffs that can be tightened or loosened, which makes them easy to pull up to my knees to act as quick shorts. Also, the bottom parts of these type of pants zip out at the knee, turning them into actual shorts (though it'll take a minute to fiddle with the zippers). However if I want the protection of the pants but I start to get hot, I sometimes open the zippers halfway around the back of the knee, allowing them to act like air vents.

We burn anything we can get, except digger pine. $30 delivered? No brainer. Gas is $2.47 per gallon right now, truck gets 12mpg loaded right now. Math makes sense.

Back