Emptying gas from a 150t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogdad

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Any suggestions to empty a 150t without the gas going all over the saw.. Don't want to store it with gas.. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use premix, storage life of 5 years so absolutely no reason to dump anything. And about the higher price, come on lets be honest, how often do you need the 150 and how much does a small cc like the 150 really need. So cost wise neglectable in my eyes when considering the advantages.

If your really anal, you can get a pneumatic vacuum bleeder from HF... I use it as an extractor (brake & p/s reservoirs). I've used it to empty a MC tank that I didn't want to remove off the bike.

Not anal.. Just trying to see if there is s better way than as others say " dumping it out".... Thanks for the replies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't leave fuel in my machines when not in use. Yeah, it can be a bit of a pain to dump the fuel, but it's better than the alternative of having issues down the road from it sitting too long and going bad.

Just get a large funnel, and dump the stuff. The more you do it, the less you'll spill. ;)

I bought a big plastic funnel with a screen in it. Fits in my gas can and I can simply dump the fuel quickly without spilling.
Until I got the funnel with the screen I had no idea how much crap was going into the gas can.
Get one with a screen as there is quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a big plastic funnel with a screen in it. Fits in my gas can and I can simply dump the fuel quickly without spilling.
Until I got the funnel with the screen I had no idea how much crap was going into the gas can.
Get one with a screen as there is quite a bit.

If I have any doubts as to crud in the fuel, I just use an unfolded paper napkin or paper towel. Great for catching the stuff your eye doesn't see.

Yep...been using a funnel to pour it in to.....was just trying to keep it from going all over the saw...

Pour it out as opposed to dump it out. Like the picture on the side of a quart motor oil bottle, position the container, a chainsaw in this case, so some air can flow in. If it has half a tank or less this should make it easier to minimize what gets on the saw. Or big plastic funnel with a fine brass screen in it remove the bar and just stuff it in the bottom of the funnel

Back