Enjoying the break

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I get a little break from every day maintenance at my house twice a year and one of them started yesterday. It's kind of bittersweet but it is a nice break. What am I talking about you may wonder? Yesterday was pool closing day. My break will last until the time comes (generally mid October) to fire up the owb. My next break will go from when I shut down the owb until I open my pool which is usually about 4-5 weeks. I must say, as much as I love my pool and virtually free heat, I do enjoy the weeks where I don't have to look after either one of them on a daily basis.

Our pool installer wants us to keep the pool open as long as possible this year since its the first. But I'm ready to close it. Even with the solar cover on, were losing ground with the nights getting down into the 40's and 50's. Water temp is 71. Solar cover collects debris and it falls into the pool when we roll it up. I'm still having to run the chlorine generator around 70% because the waters not getting stirred up.....

Our pool installer wants us to keep the pool open as long as possible this year since its the first. But I'm ready to close it. Even with the solar cover on, were losing ground with the nights getting down into the 40's and 50's. Water temp is 71. Solar cover collects debris and it falls into the pool when we roll it up. I'm still having to run the chlorine generator around 70% because the waters not getting stirred up.....
No pool expert here but why would a first year pool have to be open as long as possible? My pool was at 70 with no heater or cover so it was just time.

He mentioned something about the water quality. Keeping it balanced for as long as possible. I don't recall exactly.

But hes been doing it for over 40 years.... I did broach the subject of closing with my wife, but she wants to stick by his recommendation. And its part of the installation cost, the first closing. He also needs to install the cover anchors.....

He mentioned something about the water quality. Keeping it balanced for as long as possible. I don't recall exactly.

But hes been doing it for over 40 years.... I did broach the subject of closing with my wife, but she wants to stick by his recommendation. And its part of the installation cost, the first closing. He also needs to install the cover anchors.....
Ah you have the safety cover...I still use a tarp that fills up with rain water and leaves which is a fun mess in the spring.

I was responsible for my inlaws pool during the last few years we owned their house. I hated dealing with the water bags. I'm so glad ours will have a safety cover.

Sent from a field

If there is any benefit to keeping the pool open... Its using it if it gets hot again. Water temp hit 78 today, air temp is low 80's and humid.

Very refreshing and the water needed stirred up anyway.

If there is any benefit to keeping the pool open... Its using it if it gets hot again. Water temp hit 78 today, air temp is low 80's and humid.

Very refreshing and the water needed stirred up anyway.
You are so right here. Low 80's and humid last few days and I wish I could get in my pool

Back