Ever cut a log with critters in it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut a raccoon in half that was hibernating in the tree.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Being in the tree business we ran across fury stuff in trees all the time. When I was a kid we always had squirrels. Back then you didn't wear t-shirts to school. Had button down shirts with collars and pockets. Was not uncommon for me to have a squirrel in my shirt pocket with nothing but his tail hanging out. no one ever said a thing about having wild critters in school. I also had a pet raccoon, litter trained like a cat but much neater, never missed the box or scattered litter. Ten times as smart as a cat. She was a sweat heart. Used to wear elbow length welding gloves if rough housing with her. Teeth and claws very sharp and very strong for size. She, and my Dad, loved Little Debbie oatmeal cookies. She would act sneaky and pull open the drawer with the cookies behind her, while looking you right in the eye. When her little hand felt the plastic wrapper she would grab it and take off. Best raccoon bait, KFC chicken, she couldn't resist, Joe.

Back