Ever see a starter handle like this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dapper Dan

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
This is a 026 Pro I have inbound.

attachment.php

I gotta quit drinkin and ebaying....at the same time!!!!

Last edited:
I have a 460R handle like similar to that on order. The 660 had a short Elastostart cord so I have replaced the cord and now I am waiting for the handle. The 460R handle is less than $5.00. That is as cheap a Stihl part as I have ever bought! :)

Snow mobile handle. I have them on all of my R@CE$@W$. I started that after a missed grab in a cold start 5 cube race in a rain storm which caused me to get a third place.

That looks similar to a Stihl rescue handle, very popular among the racers. They are found on the 460R rescue saw.

That's pretty much what it is. Made for Fire/EMS wearing heavy gloves. The last place you want to have to fumble with a starter handle is on the roof of a burning building.

Last edited:
That's pretty much what it is. Made for Fire/EMS wearing heavy gloves. The last place you want to have to fumble with a starter handle is on the roof of a burning building.

You ain't chitin! Our older husky pro vent saw has one, very nice with a pair of fire gloves on.:clap:

handle

i use them on all of my sawz for winter use. it is harder then he## too start a saw with thick winter gloves. it also make people not want too ask too barrrow my sawz.
:cheers:

Hmmm .... Race saw uh?If I put one on my 021 will it make it cut like a 361?:monkey: Really though I do like it.
Russ

Back