Everything Egg!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy sausage Benedict.

-take a tube of jimmy dean (I prefer "hot" variety). Press into large, flat patties and fry (they will shrink as cooked to the size of English muffins)

-cook eggs "basted" (sunny side up, pan covered with a little water in the pan). Much easier than poached eggs.

-toast and butter English muffins

-top muffin with sausage, then egg, then smothered with hollandaise sauce (homemade or store bought).

Breakfast scramble

-beat eggs in bowl with whisk or mixer.
-add a couple of tablespoons of milk and a couple of tablespoons of chunky salsa per egg and mix in.
-heat up fry pan with plenty of butter or oil
-pour into pan and begin to cook
-when eggs are about 3/4 set, add shredded or sliced cheese to taste (I prefer shredded cheddar or sliced American). Continue to cook until eggs are solid and cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

love scrambled eggs... soft scrambled preferred! salt, pepper and butter after cooked. tasty stuff!

this
eggs2.jpg

to this

egsbwl.jpg

then this

mxd.jpg

and finally this...

sse.jpg

I have a deal with a friend few blocks from me in town... they live on 1 ac, 2 .5 acre plots... quite the wilderness set up... rural beyond what most could imagine... and all so cool... they have a flock of chickens, too and as a courtesy for what they get from me in 'the deal'... they bring over yard eggs often. none of my rural suppliers are as constant... of course the price of the urban free range yard eggs beats the rural eggs by a country mile. of course, all are so good. I used to get some eggs that were just about Stihl orange colored yolks... but I dint mind the $3/doz... but X'd them off my list when they said... How does $5 sound?... :laughing: but I see C L listings in my area that do ask $5/doz... [hope!]

today's free range yard eggs...

P1010004.JPG

very good, they often come with feathers and some nesting straw stuck to them....

Easy sausage Benedict.

-take a tube of jimmy dean (I prefer "hot" variety). Press into large, flat patties and fry (they will shrink as cooked to the size of English muffins)

-cook eggs "basted" (sunny side up, pan covered with a little water in the pan). Much easier than poached eggs.

-toast and butter English muffins

-top muffin with sausage, then egg, then smothered with hollandaise sauce (homemade or store bought).
What kind of Hollandaise mix do you use?
I'm still looking for a good one.

love scrambled eggs... soft scrambled preferred! salt, pepper and butter after cooked. tasty stuff!

this
View attachment 482509

to this

View attachment 482510

then this

View attachment 482514

and finally this...

View attachment 482515

Agreed on soft scramble.
I scramble mine in a small Wok. I start with the Wok cold.
I use a tablespoon of butter, three eggs, cheese and meat, if I have any handy.
I fold constantly, over low heat until the eggs just start to set.
If the eggs look done, you've gone too far. They'll continue to cook on the serving plate.
Creamy delicious goodness. If you over cook them, not so good.

Oatmeal egg drop:

After oatmeal comes to a simmer cook for 5 minutes(old fashion oats) while stirring frequently. Stir in whisked egg, cook another 5 minutes.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Quick, easy and nutritious.

We used to do something like this, but it was a grits egg drop, we'd just let the eggs set in little cups down in the grits for about 5 minutes, just enough to still have a nice runny yolk.

We used to do something like this, but it was a grits egg drop, we'd just let the eggs set in little cups down in the grits for about 5 minutes, just enough to still have a nice runny yolk.

A friend and neighbor of mine, deceased about a year ago now at the age of 90, was a WWII vet. Got it from him

RIP Ray Plunkett, my good friend.

Doesn't sound very appetizing......but ya all should try fried salmon patties with 3 or 4 over easy eggs.

eggs on salmon - :eek: Don't sound very appetizing to me!... to quote a recent post to the EGG Thread! lol... eggs over salmon... that would not be my breakfast order at Denny's that's for sure. nor at home. love salmon. but prefer steak, sausage or bacon with my eggs... fried spuds workx well, too. guess it's just a matter of pallets because soft scrambled eggs are delicious in every respect. for just eggs, I am ok over easy, or poached... but usually make them soft scrambled. the challenge of course is to stop the pan work and get them plated to see if you dint over cook them... and ensure u cooked them sufficiently. it is a thin line. I remember ordering some in a restaurant once and when the waitress brot them asked me how they were... I said perfect! :) she said cook had made her wait by the orders out counter... and told her... "straight to his table!!" I sent back my compliments... :)

for truly soft scrambled eggs are a gourmet delight!!

ps: I did find this image of eggs over salmon patties, looks pretty good
salmoneggs.jpg
... just not sure I would like the yolks salmon fishy like... lol ;)

Well you guys make me hungry , I like three eggs over easy with 3 pieces of scrapple, bowl a bowl of grits, fried potatoes, 4 pieces bacon, 1 sausage cake and 1 pancake. with a glass of buttermilk to wash it down with. I also like the cat fish and egg breakfast at the cracker barrel with grits and pancakes.

Well you guys make me hungry , I like three eggs over easy with 3 pieces of scrapple, bowl a bowl of grits, fried potatoes, 4 pieces bacon, 1 sausage cake and 1 pancake. with a glass of buttermilk to wash it down with. I also like the cat fish and egg breakfast at the cracker barrel with grits and pancakes.

I have never heard the term: scrapple. but I know what it is now... having just looked it up. I would say any way one likes it a good country breakfast on a cold day in fall or winter... just before going out to cut wood, or chores... is hard to beat!! yum :) I don't eat a lot of egg based breakfasts or brunch in summer months... but in fall, don't really want to head out unless country breakfast first. in summer, for me anyways... any butter, grease, fats (bacon) or belly full... and its a day by the air-conditioner... can't work like that in the heat down here. if the temps don't get u, the humidity will...coffee, water... water... and more water... sometimes lunch is mid-afternoon and only 1/4 sandwich... no meat, no mayo... just bit bread and some lettuce, maybe slice tomto... more and in 45 mins u will regret it. well, that is me any ways...

just a lite bit to eat mid afternoon... then at day's end it's: :givebeer:

eggs on salmon - :eek: Don't sound very appetizing to me!... to quote a recent post to the EGG Thread! lol... eggs over salmon... that would not be my breakfast order at Denny's that's for sure. nor at home. love salmon. but prefer steak, sausage or bacon with my eggs... fried spuds workx well, too. guess it's just a matter of pallets because soft scrambled eggs are delicious in every respect. for just eggs, I am ok over easy, or poached... but usually make them soft scrambled. the challenge of course is to stop the pan work and get them plated to see if you dint over cook them... and ensure u cooked them sufficiently. it is a thin line. I remember ordering some in a restaurant once and when the waitress brot them asked me how they were... I said perfect! :) she said cook had made her wait by the orders out counter... and told here... "straight to his table!!" I sent back my compliments... :)

for truly soft scrambled eggs are a gourmet delight!!

ps: I did find this image of eggs over salmon patties, looks pretty good View attachment 483789 ... just not sure I would like the yolks salmon fishy like... lol ;)
Post of the week right there.

no doubt the soft scrambled eggs posts made me egg hungry for some soft scrambled eggs today. so for brunch. such an art to get them just right... numerous items have to all come together at just the right time... got lucky this time, nailed it! :)

recipe:

2 eggs, yard preferred, but store ok.
1 pat butter

whisk eggs up. heat pan to med-low... add butter, let melt, not burn
no salt, no pepper at this time, add eggs
swirl and flow egg mixture, gently encourage egg curds
turn n fold... when close to done, turn heat OFF
u decide when done, soft is soft... so plate onto warm plate, not hot or cold

add:
S&P to taste

optional:

toast
cut scallions
sour cream on side, dash paprika

soft scrambled eggs

P2050001.JPG

done to perfection, melts in mouth perfect...
P2050002.JPG

Back