Everything Egg!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And still hungry,

This was a bad idea coming to this thread at 11 p.m.
Sure gets the appetite going.
Drool
:baba:

I have never heard the term: scrapple. but I know what it is now... having just looked it up. I would say any way one likes it a good country breakfast on a cold day in fall or winter... just before going out to cut wood, or chores... is hard to beat!! yum :) I don't eat a lot of egg based breakfasts or brunch in summer months... but in fall, don't really want to head out unless country breakfast first. in summer, for me anyways... any butter, grease, fats (bacon) or belly full... and its a day by the air-conditioner... can't work like that in the heat down here. if the temps don't get u, the humidity will...coffee, water... water... and more water... sometimes lunch is mid-afternoon and only 1/4 sandwich... no meat, no mayo... just bit bread and some lettuce, maybe slice tomto... more and in 45 mins u will regret it. well, that is me any ways...

just a lite bit to eat mid afternoon... then at day's end it's: :givebeer:

Wuz in a nice hotel in Philadelphia one time ... scrapple was on the breakfast menu; said what the heck, I'll go for it.

Delicioso!

Now I'm a big fan of haggis -- on the very, very rare occasions I've had it — so well done scrapple was not a big deal.

Well you guys make me hungry , I like three eggs over easy with 3 pieces of scrapple, bowl a bowl of grits, fried potatoes, 4 pieces bacon, 1 sausage cake and 1 pancake. with a glass of buttermilk to wash it down with. I also like the cat fish and egg breakfast at the cracker barrel with grits and pancakes.
After that breakfast, I'd need a nap.

More Everything Egg !

got in some more yard eggs... these chicks running free range. in a previous post had mentioned sometimes the eggs come in with feathers still on them. or some nesting straw... here is a pix or two of more, everything egg... and some proof in the pudding as genie yard eggs... some still with the nesting evidence on shell side... and even one with an attached feather. just arrived that way, didn't suggest to supplier wanted a feather up my.... up my.... :laughing: well, u know... up my dozen! ;)

P3060049.JPG
P3060050.JPG
P3060051.JPG

and a recent country breakfast for a cold day to calorie up some energy and heat... to work outside... sirloin strip rewarmed in butter... 'couple' eggs done overEZ, side of warmed avocado... on 'prev baked spuds' hash browns... one fried egg is 55 calories +/-... so I guesstimate this tasty treat under 1,000 cals. an 'in-progress' pix of the production... ;) follows. it's all good, but it is those thick, rich country yolks that make it... I am talking plate licking good! lol :numberone:

P2160035.JPG

P2160036.JPG

if you have never tried some sliced avocado warmed up, fried along with your overEZ eggs... it is truly a culinary treat worth considering! :)

Now I must ask how does every one like souse, aka head cheese? I love it!
Not much availability these days. A few local supermarkets still do it once a year I think.

I know that was very poplar amongst the old Finlanders however many of those traditions have been lost to time.

We used to kill about 12 to 16 hogs every year back in the 50's and 60's to make tubs of lard and cracklings, the taste can not be beat. ( aka souse and scrapple ) my meat house is still here.

Not much availability these days. A few local supermarkets still do it once a year I think.

I know that was very poplar amongst the old Finlanders however many of those traditions have been lost to time.
As I love it.

Back