Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Expanding and am looking into equipment.

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by david1332, May 26, 2016.

1. david1332

david1332 ArboristSite Operative

Alright so my business is rapidly expanding and I currently load all my wood into my trailer by hand, which honestly is soooo much of a hassle and I believe I could save a lot of time with a separate truck w/ a dump body and a chipper.

My question is how much would a setup like that cost? It does not in any way shape or form have to be brand new. I plan on buying the chipper used from a rental place with about 500 hours, since they go through the equipment every time it Comes back in and doesn't get rented every day I trust it.
    Thanks guys!

2. david1332

david1332 ArboristSite Operative

Current setup:
    99 f-150 4.6 v8 ( upgrading to a v8 F-250 super duty in July)
    6x12 dual axle trailer
    Husky 338-xpt
    Stihl 441c
    Echo cs-400
    All the climbing and rigging gear I nedd

3. crotchclimber

crotchclimber ArboristSite Operative

Cost depends greatly on the size of the equipment and its age, so it's hard to give a price for a dump truck and chipper. For an older truck and small chipper I'd say $15-20k

4. blades

blades Addicted to ArboristSite

Rental places around here are very lax about that go over thing before re-renting- got a lot of war stories from over the years- now I just find and purchase my own. Sometimes its tough on the pocket book though, but at least it works when I need it and I am not wasting time waiting for some xyz rental joint to fix what should have been fixed prior to next rental - even worse when when you have a contractor scheduled right behind your portion.