Experiment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to this and want to know more about the "expieriment". I'm new here but
cant we all just get along

If you want to be some place where everybody gets along join the Cub Scouts.

If you want to be entertained, informed, and sometimes aggravated beyond all possible reason...stick around. It gets better. Usually.

If you want to be some place where everybody gets along join the Cub Scouts.

If you want to be entertained, informed, and sometimes aggravated beyond all possible reason...stick around. It gets better. Usually.

Sometimes, almost never, when the moon is full and raining in the Sahara in July.

:cheers:

I will make this thread, before I get banned.

This fall, I had an "epiphany", I do not know about that spelling, nor do I
care.
HTML:
I have decided to abandon my "experiment", as it is no longer worth
carrying on, as many lowlife copycats, have made it thus.
HTML:

This past fall, it occured to me, that the Stihl MS290 on the shelf, was
quite an item. So I bought one, and parted it out on E-bay, and did well.

I had to tweak my postings, but it was a profitable venture, all winter long,
until this past weekend, as too many weenie types have commandeered it.

I just feel like now it is time to lay out my observations of my experiment,
as well as others, and if you guys are polite, and not attack me,
HTML:
I may
tell you my interesting findings.
HTML:

Well the first thing I found out, and the "Stihl" guys should take note........

I had originally parted it down to the piston, crank, cyl. etc....

But I had to give that up, as the "piston" was so scarred/marred by mishandling, that there was no way that a buyer would accept it.
After 4-5 saws, I realized it was probably on most of the pistons.
Since I was working at a Stihl dealership at the time, I warranteed them out.
So I sold the engine block as a whole.
So to protect my e-bay standing, I decided to sell the engine as a block,
ready to bolt on, and it did ok.

I am only bringing this up now, because it is spring, and
HTML:
I want to hurt the
aswipes that have copied off of my idea,
HTML:
and give something for you girls to
mull over................................................

HTML:
I will gladly post more tidbits about my "experiments" if you are nice to me.......................................................................................................................
HTML:

I am an open book, and as a river of information, and discussion, I have
decided to trickle on you, once again.

My Stihl parting out "gig" is done, so I will "edify" the "collective", whether
you all deserve it or not.

So here it is girls.................................................................
Fish,
For the record, I have no vested interest in your enterprising experiment , but and what you did is not a "dishonest venture" But you're attitude towards others has put the irrevocable "scar" on your reputation. Do you have a patent on your "idea" of parting out a new saw? Where is it written that you are entitled to sole rights of this type of financial gain. I know of no laws or regulations barring another individual from attempting the same type of endeavor as yours. If there were, we'd all be driving the same vehicles and running the same saw. No Stihl, Husqvarna,Dolmar, Echo,,, on and on. They're called patents and they all expire. Sorry you're ship has run aground, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and you shouldn't either, you rode it out and made some money on the way. You also seem to be "holding you're finding's over everyone's head" wanting them to beg for the information you've collected. If you want to share it then do, otherwise, keep it to yourself. I could care less. I enjoy and make a fair amount of extra cash by going to my local dealers and buying their junk trade ins, parting them out or building and selling a decent saw once in awhile. I'd love to be in your position to have acces to the saw/parts that I'm sure were available to you (working at a dealer?) I have to cough up cash for every scrap heap I bring home. Lighten up and maybe you won't be defending yourself so much.
Mike

Are you guys that dense???

Today, I was having a discussion with some scholarly folks about epidemiology and I had the same thoughts that I have know. Experts are a dime a dozen.

Fred

Who said anything about buying these saws at a discount?

I was just willing to share my little experiment with you guys. As far as
worrying about pissing off the other e-bayers that are trying the same idea,
I don't care, they don't have the brains or cahones to do it correctly anyway.

I have been on this site for seven years, and on many other sites as well.
I help people fix their saws or mowers, and have done as much here.
Not as much here, as Lakeside or Stihltech usually get there first, but
occaisionally I sneak one in ahead of them. As far as trying to be popular,
or get the most rep points, that just isn't me.

I just thought I would share this idea I tried with you guys, no malice,
no evil plan. What, you want to read another thread about a television show???????

The newer members here hate me, that is fine, every garden of eden
needs a booger man, I am up for the role..................................

Okay,I'm intrigued. Throw us some more details.
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Okay,I'm intrigued. Throw us some more details.
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

I will gladly post more tidbits about my "experiments" if you are nice to me..................................................................................................

Ok Fish, you got our attention...

let's hear the "tidbits" now .......:popcorn: :popcorn:

one can do the same with copper fittings from the box stores:) Although it wont give any insight on what is being put together in Virginia.

Hmmm.. I know a guy that's been doing this for years... and his name isn't Fish... lolololol.

LOL yep not exactly a "novel" idea. Now to credit Fish, his use of 029/290's may be all his own , but parting out units for the higher price of parts has been going on for ages and is an e-bay staple.

"The sum of the parts are always greater then the whole" by Zodiac lololol:clap:

Dayummmmmmmm GeeVee I must say you got a point there. Up at the store I always have to discount alittle on a display saw thats been picked up by many. I always hear "I don't want something thats been handled by every customer thats been in this store" I always say ok, 5% off and they grab it. Only happens though when its the last one in the store. Most times they get a new one out the box.

Dayumm customers always have a angle. No wonder we raised the prices 5% on the shelf models,LOL

So THALL, get your greasy rag, open the box and put the next one on the shelf with fresh fingerprints, mark it up ten percent and let them Jew you down five percent?

I never worked my dealer for a discount, but then I didn't dry hump a machine and drooled for it weeks on end either.

My methodology of paying cash full retail came back many times over in the form of free consumables. Sending good contractors to him and one-season-and-done idiots to the big OPE box store paid off as well.

OK, Ive read this far and know what the thread is about, but I dont know why?

I made it through winter fine without selling one single Stihl part.:clap:

Did I screw up?

Who hates you Fist?

I like Hunter S. Tompson.:clap:

My feet stink like old cheese.:dizzy:

Yes I am sober.

Back