Experiment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The math don't add up. Really. I hate to see the guy that HAS to have been beneficial somewhere along the way throw it all in the toilet over some percieved similarities.

I have sent him a PM. But he seems convinced. I want no part of conflict.

Ok, so you where on of the bidders that paid over 20% of what the part was actually worth. And now you feel ??

No Sir Mr Dolmar, I don't really do Fleabay. I did just buy a natural gas fired heater there, NIB, from a huge pool and spa company in the last couple of months. Mostly because they aren't on the shelf around her, And actually, I didn't even buy it through e-bay. I phoned straight to the seller.

Whilst chasing that down, I was watching for a decent saw chain sharpener, but between the Horror Fright warranty returns, and the Oregons going for 20% over retail, I still aint procurred one. Be buying one new soon I guess.

One thing I won't do? Buy a used piece of two stroke ANYTHING.

The part of life where I could have anyting I wanted within a $50 dollar budget is behind me now, I have three nickels to rub together.

TeeHee

No Sir Mr Dolmar, I don't really do Fleabay. I did just buy a natural gas fired heater there, NIB, from a huge pool and spa company in the last couple of months. Mostly because they aren't on the shelf around her, And actually, I didn't even buy it through e-bay. I phoned straight to the seller.

Whilst chasing that down, I was watching for a decent saw chain sharpener, but between the Horror Fright warranty returns, and the Oregons going for 20% over retail, I still aint procurred one. Be buying one new soon I guess.

One thing I won't do? Buy a used piece of two stroke ANYTHING.

The part of life where I could have anyting I wanted within a $50 dollar budget is behind me now, I have three nickels to rub together.

TeeHee

Whats a Flea bay?

Thats long for e-Bay? When it first hit cyberspace it was like a flea market or garage sale....

Today? Its for folks who won't or can't shop, and unfortunately, for folks who aren't practiced consumers.

I don't need to buy used stuff, and I get Stihl products new at cost.

Last edited:
[I don't need to buy used stuff, and I get Stihl products new at cost].[/QUOTE]

You get them new at cost, ever thought about buying new MS290's and parting them out on Fleabay and becoming a Gold Power seller. :jawdrop:

I'm one of the new guys here and I have definately learned from Fish.I am an e-bay seller, buyer, and supplier. Some of you have bought from me.I part out junk saws and skidder recoveries, dropped saws.I sold lots of 371/2, 394 , 60,61,66,266 etc. some Jonsereds and complete Stihl saws and did'nt do too bad.I also bought alot of parts.Its sort of a trading post/parts store/swap meet for me it's not about making money.If I can't afford Bailey's or catch a dealer open I go to ebay, sell what I don't need and get the parts I need to get me back to work.....

Last edited:
Wow, I let this thread rest a while, and it became more interesting.

Gee-Vee, if you are a genuine poster, but just real abrasive, I apologize.
Most of my best friends are a-holes.

This site has been inundated here lately by bogus crap, which is par for this time of year. I just wished to share with my "comrades" my experiment,
I didn't realize I had worked up that much emotion.
Next fall I will likely part out some more saws, Stihl makes it profitable.
If I could get the saws at dealer cost, I would definitely still be doing it.

Other than that, I apologize for accusing you of being "beginner" re-incarnate
but you fit the m/o, pushed the right buttons, and wreaked the same
havoc in your first several posts. You rebounded from the red-rep
thing quite well, which is interesting, but this rep crap is silly anyway..

Anyway...........Truce???

Yes Sir,

Yes.

A truce.

I recognize message board dynamics as well as the next facelss entity.... Sorry for the timing of my entry and the coincidental likeness to one not welcome.

I accept your apology, and offer one of my own for being quick to retort.
I am really me, and not someone who has been here before and banned. I could have easily just been patient, and it probably would have been easier to assimilate into this small community. As such as it was, I apologize to you.

While I enjoy purchasing power in the form of dealer pricing, I haven't any interest in profiting from it. ) I do have a tip I'll share with the rest in a new thread though.)

My interest/confusion in this thread came from your inital post. Care to clarify, 'cause I'm still and idiot....

I though you meant that the assembly process was hosing the pistons, not the lesson that most all things manufactured has the same feature. "The sum of its parts is greater than the Whole." Which I introduce children to in every season/sport I teach.

Done

Truce

I am always me as well, just ask these guys. Welcome to the forum, I usually
only haze lightly, you got my full treatment. Lambert and I mixed it up a long
while back, and we became good friends. I apologize for me being me......

Latest posts

Back