Fake PFERD Chainsaw Files

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Germansteel

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I found a release from PFERD dated 2013 about there being large quantities of counterfeit files being made in multiple factories with their name on them and in identical packaging. Mainly the old lighter blue, white and black boxes, not the newer multi-color packaging.

I bought some files online that when I received I found suspect. I contacted PFERD who while interested, could not confirm them being authentic or not!!!

I care about the quality of what I am buying and paying a premium for.

I am willing to bet that they are EVERYWHERE and are knowingly and UNKNOWINGLY being sold all over the world and will be for a long long time.

The new multicolor packaging has the German flag colors on the box and the labeling on the actual files is INK stamped on but very clearly printed.

I own a loose vintage file from PFERD and the logo is stamped INTO THE METAL.

Can everyone that owns a box of the white blue and black box (NO GERMAN FLAG) chainsawfiles let me know if the files are ink stamped or actually engraved or stamped into the metal.
My older file was different that's why I found the old (no flag) package style with ink stamped logos suspect.

Can anyone who uses PFERD roundfiles post your packaging type and a description of the labeling on the actual files?

Latest posts

Back