Family Affair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Perryman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just thought Id share what happened this past weekend. At thanksgiving dinner with my parents, we got to talking about what to get the Grandparents for Christmas this yr. I gotta tell ya I hate buying for them as I don't know what to get them. This yr we decided to get them 4 cords of wood split and hauled. Neighbor down the road had half of their 250 acres logged a yr ago. So this past weekend the whole family headed out to the woods. Now I gotta tell ya its been since the 80 and 90s since my father has touched a chainsaw. We use too sell firewood to help pay for bills. Well anyhoo we pull logs up and I gotta say Dad was having one hell of a time running his 044 stihl again. I haven't seen that look on his face in a long time. He literally went back in time 20 yrs. I couldn't help just to sit back and watch. I was so nice watching the whole family together again out for the ones who started it all. It just put a whole new perspective on how much times have really changed.:)

Back