Favorite chainsw photo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It Happens

Some years ago, I had a sweet deal for pine logs with a local sawmill. The only problem was that they stopped unloading at 2:45pm. The trans was out in my old log truck so I was pulling a few loads with my goose neck trailer until the trans was fixed in the old L600. As I was hurrying to get loaded and to the mill in time, I put an 064 and an 028 between the trailer and truck so that I would not run over them with the skidsteer.
Well, I threw a good load on put the binders on it and jumped in the truck and took off for the mill. As I took off I felt a bump, bump. I thought it was a chunk of wood. When I got to the first stop sign I looked out the back window to make sure that I had put my saws on the truck. When I didn't see them I suddenly realized what the bump, bump was. They held up better than I had any reason to expect with a 20,000lbs trailer running over them, but then I had to fix saws and a transmission for the rest of the week. It is hard to make money by tearing stuff up.

A few years later, My dad decided to cut the neighbor a load of fire wood with my brand new 371 (two tanks of gas). He ran the skidsteer out into the woods to where a hickory had fallen over and proceeded to cut it into fire wood and load it into the bucket and then carry it out to his pickup and dump it in the bed.
I walked out to help him, when I went to pick up the saw, my fingers would not fit between the handle bar and top cover. He had backed up over it when he turned around.
The saw shop kept telling me that I could almost get a new saw for what the parts cost. It was about $375 for every thing I needed. I almost never made them understand that it was a new saw.
A few weeks later it was stolen. That is how I lost a new $900+ 371 Husking.

A few years ago I ran over a nearly new 460 with a skidder. I was putting moving a knuckle boom into a landing and the owner put his saw down right behind the tractor while we where stopped to talk about where he wanted the knuckle boom. It cut the back of the saw off, from the intake boot back.
A little over a year ago, the manager for an environmental company that I was contracted to, set a 660 in the weed right beside a skid trail and I ran over it with the skidder. It did the exact same thing as the 460, it cut it off from the carb back. I had an old 066 that I gave him for parts. I don't know if they ever fixed it or not. If so it is an 066/660 with a flippy cap on the oil and old style cap on the fuel tank.
I am sure that there are some more smashed saws in my past but that is all I can think of right now.

Last edited:
I picked up a 660 from a dealer that got smashed. Brand new, The rings are not fully broken in yet, it broke the handle bar, busted the tank to pieces, No other serius damage.

I just wish that i had gotten the whole thing. There are tons of parts missing

Some of my faves.

dsc01932om4.jpg
dsc01934ca0.jpg

dsc01935mp4.jpg
dsc01936uu8.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Crimson and Clover. I would enjoy owning a 750, 650, 550, 1050 and SXL-925...Nice saw :cheers:

Yeah, they make me happy!

Ill give a free posthole, postage paid, to anyone who can tell me whats wrong with the pic of my 750.

You also must use the funniest term you have ever heard of as the answer to the question.

Sorry Belgin, but your excluded as you allready have the answer.:cheers:

Last edited:
Yeah, they make me happy!

Ill give a free posthole, postage paid, to anyone who can tell me whats wrong with the pic of my 750.

You also must use the funniest term you have ever heard of as the answer to the question.

Sorry Belgin, but your excluded as you allready have the answer.:cheers:

:monkey: It's a redheaded Siamese Twin? :monkey:

Your saw is upside down and your spikes are side right up there ociffer.

Your saw is upside down and your spikes are side right up there ociffer.

DING DING DING!!!!!

But the term I was looking for was LOG CLAWS!!!

Send me your address anyway, These holes are everywhere.

Zodiac, you get one too for making me laugh with the "redheaded siameese stepson" comment.

Back