Felling direction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all creamed vegetables is nasty...

creamed corn is good fer making corn bread though.

Just of of curiosity or you marking each carrot for thinning or are you just relying on the contractor to decide whats best. Does the paint effect flavor if so good or bad? (I kinda actually want to know that one)

Also are the yarding corridors flagged, what about tail holds, or is this a ground based operation and the skid trails are clearly marked... any wet lands what need to be avoided...

and lastly are you desturbing any endangered critters mating season, if so be sure to only operate machinery between the hours of 7am and 8:30am mon through tuesday between july 4th and august 16th.

i gotta ask, what size bar would i need on my 372 if i want to get into thinning carrots and the like, would my 28" be good or should i go with somthing longer for more reach ? do you guys run square or round ground on your carrot thinning ?

all creamed vegetables is nasty...

creamed corn is good fer making corn bread though.

Just of of curiosity or you marking each carrot for thinning or are you just relying on the contractor to decide whats best. Does the paint effect flavor if so good or bad? (I kinda actually want to know that one)

Also are the yarding corridors flagged, what about tail holds, or is this a ground based operation and the skid trails are clearly marked... any wet lands what need to be avoided...

and lastly are you desturbing any endangered critters mating season, if so be sure to only operate machinery between the hours of 7am and 8:30am mon through tuesday between july 4th and august 16th.

This is not Marbled Murrelet habitat but I do see that the slugs are mating so delay in starting up equipment and shut down early. My thinning prescription is "designated by diameter of carrot". I choose the biggest diameter for a leave carrot and take other carrots within a determined distance from the leave carrot. Doesn't matter if the leave carrot is a forked carrot, if it is the biggest, it stays. That way I get a diverse "stand" of carrots. I cleared out the landing yesterday and will enhance the wetlands today. Since it is a working carrot area, the skid trails were laid out before the carrots were planted.

Maybe I'll go mechanized today.

It appears this guy stuck the rear handle in the face notch and looked down the bar to aim the tree?

What's with guys using tiny bars on big saws to fell trees? YouTube is full of MS661's with 20" bars felling 40" trees. Yeah with practice it can be done correctly but doesn't a longer bar make things easier?
I'm far from being a professional and I get nervous every time I fall a tree with a bar shorter than the tree diameter.
Must be a European thing. They also like to abuse their saws by throwing them around and hard loading them all the time on YouTube also. I usually move on to the next video if the guy spends most of his time time bogging down and stopping the chain.

Just how many times could he walk around that thing? That was ugly.
Lol, Lumberjack Dude took 12 minutes to dump a 12' stub and must have circled it a dozen times. Was that Sawtroll? Lol
Just another tree ape trying to make a simple job look difficult. Makes more money that way. Lol

Latest posts

Back