Fellow Lumberjills and Jacks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they got the Helifor 500
White & red one but we all used the 206 for a while. The 206 isn't very practical as it only takes three workers at a time. Instead of four and 1/3 more pad drops plus short cycles.

500's the same 3 passenger deal. it's got some nuts though. the pilot must have been running trips forever just to get all you guys out in that 206 depending on how far the blocks are of course. in Toba they were across the inlet. took the westcoast helicopters pilot 45min but only took the helifor pilot 26min for the same trips both in 500's. bet the A star could have done it in 20min because it would have done one less trip. guess they gotta use what they got available though.

Yes I find out in the mornings if I fly at 630 or boat at 6 then drive and fly from fueling. It's my turn to boat for a while I think. It's stupid because when we get there and it's foggy the guys won't stay and we go back and they fly us from camp if it gets clear or the guys take a mental health day.. lol

sounds like alot of fog up central coast. we didn't lose one day in Toba. mind you some days we started at noon and got flown down at 7 but at least we got the day in. so your saying they boat you to shore and you gotta climb the hill? looks like your a ways up in that pic. would be ****** to hike up from the water with all your gear, gas, and oil.

No..I flew from the dock every time I got on the hill. 3 times we TRIED to water taxi across the inlet and drive to a staging area
to cut down on flight time but they were all unsuccessful attempts to fly from there to our heli pads on our quarter.
No boating today because we had the A-star. Much faster to get us on & off the hill.

sounds like alot of fog up central coast. we didn't lose one day in Toba. mind you some days we started at noon and got flown down at 7 but at least we got the day in. so your saying they boat you to shore and you gotta climb the hill? looks like your a ways up in that pic. would be ****** to hike up from the water with all your gear, gas, and oil.
Hey dweeb boy, I was in Toba too, on or about 1981. Big flood there, salmon were running up the ditches and had to rescue our 266's by helicopter. Was doing some juvenile spacing there, but real big wood just above us on the road they were blasting above. Rocks bigger than a house were reinging down and topping big stems on their way down.
Saw lots of bears there to, some guys wouldn't shut down their saw. SoI guess looking back, they were just pusssies.

Hey dweeb boy, I was in Toba too, on or about 1981. Big flood there, salmon were running up the ditches and had to rescue our 266's by helicopter. Was doing some juvenile spacing there, but real big wood just above us on the road they were blasting above. Rocks bigger than a house were reinging down and topping big stems on their way down.
Saw lots of bears there to, some guys wouldn't shut down their saw. SoI guess looking back, they were just pusssies.

Toba never had any culls so i'm not sure what your talking about. if you really were there did you notice how steep it was? lol humans can't walk on **** steeper then that.

Toba never had any culls so i'm not sure what your talking about. if you really were there did you notice how steep it was? lol humans can't walk on **** steeper then that.
No, I was spacing around camp in the stuff that was planted in 1945 by consciencious objecters, so yes, you are correct, there were no culls in Toba Inlet.

No, I was spacing around camp in the stuff that was planted in 1945 by consciencious objecters, so yes, you are correct, there were no culls in Toba Inlet.

you must have been spacing the watershed. most of Toba has been logged at this point but we were in the last old growth there. hell, you might have worked for my grandfather. he had a huge falling contract along with the watershed spacing back in the late 70's.

I just joined a dating site, and if that girl doesn't look like she does in her profile she'll just have to buy the drinks until does. Lol.
You know they're a Yukon "10" when they're buying the drinks, own a remote fishing & hunting lodge & are living off the interest of the inheritance.
I've been momentarily wooed by that type, but I think they needed to be a "20" to really seal the deal, because I'm such a cheap drunk! But when they're drinking 2 to your 1 it brings into question your own looks & maybe you are batting above your average.
Tanski

Lol, you Don't know what your missing around here. No I didn't get gooned because I don't care for other people when they get retarded gooned. So I let them get gooned without me that day and I get gooned without them every other day. Lol

Back