Finally built a log arch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks awesome! great job looks well built and sturdy! nice tires also..congrats

On the vertical frame tubing sticking how to the rear appears to be motorcycle handlebar grips. Is this what they are? May I ask the use/purpose?

I will give one piece of constructive criticism. The rod that you used to gusset the vertical piece right behind the hitch may not last. I my experience similar pieces welded in tension do not survive the stress. The gusset you used above it would be much better as it has much more weld area to survive the tension loads. You may never have an issue however if its not abused or overloaded.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys. This is my first one. So I bet there will be some modifications later. Firebrick. The handles are for picking it up to set it over logs they came from a generator add on wheel kit. The rod is also used as a handle to move it around. As far as stress. Almost all the weight is carried by the arch.

Looks good! I've had mine for 3 or 4 years now and use it all the time when the snow isn't to deep. They work great.

I will definitely put this one to use. Been wanting to build one for awhile. Finally scrounged up all the parts n pieces. Only things I had to buy was the winch and hitch coupler.

Latest posts

Back