Finally put my Masterminded 034S into wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We get really good gains on those models. Hopefully someone I've done one for will be along to chime in.

Its funny that this thread was started last night because i woke up this morning thinking about a mint 034 i flipped back in the summer. Its probably the only saw i regret selling. I only ran it for a few minutes before i sold it but i was very impressed with how well it pulled a 20" B&C for a stock saw. It had way more torque than a 026 for only being a few cc's more. I'm betting a ported 034S would be a screamer!

How did that 200T ever turn out Preston?
It was actually a rear handle 200, runs like a champ! Its great for limbing type work and brush clearing. Its so lite and torquey that i dont pick up the 261 until the wood gets above 10"-12". I havent run a 241 yet but i dont think i would trade my 200 for one due to the weight difference.

Dang, looks like I missed the party last night.

Yes, my name is Shawn. I'm the one that got the free port from "Christmas thread".

Do you have any comment on the clutch on these saws? Mine seemed to be slipping quite a few times. Should this clutch be able to handle an 8 pin? Or is that just asking too much of this clutch, or should I look into getting a new one?

I'll back down to a 7 pin if I have to.

I really love my 034 and wouldn't take anything for it.
What sort of gains are you seeing...as opposed to stock?

I'm wrestling with the thought of a muffler mod...
Can't speak for the 034, but the 034S woke up pretty nicely.

Here's the compression on my 034 Super that Randy did for me this fall. I run a 3/8 RS, 7 tooth and it really pulls. If I was to guess, I would say Randys woodport gave me an ease 40-50% gain. Trying to determine if I have a tuning problem with my MS361 Randy just did in December because the 034S out runs the 361. I think the 361 is overrated, but will continue to tune for max performance. Made a video of the two saws cutting 18 inch frozen (everything is FROZEN here) ash, but can't get them uploaded.

Attachments

• DSCN0902.JPG
    DSCN0902.JPG
    945.7 KB · Views: 37
My Minty 036 Pro had outran the two 361's I had. And both of those ran good.

Always liked the 034S/036/036 Pro/360 Pro

The MS 361 is a nice saw. Great AV, high revs, but seams to lay down to ease when compared to the 034 Super in 18 or bigger wood. Would love to run a 036/038 Pro or Mag 2. For you folks that don't wear hearing protection. Don't worry, after you cut wood with me you'll never hear again, little sucker is loud! My brother said " your lips are moving , but I can't hear what your saying" he's older but not smarter!

The MS 361 is a nice saw. Great AV, high revs, but seams to lay down to ease when compared to the 034 Super in 18 or bigger wood. Would love to run a 036/038 Pro or Mag 2. For you folks that don't wear hearing protection. Don't worry, after you cut wood with me you'll never hear again, little sucker is loud! My brother said " your lips are moving , but I can't hear what your saying" he's older but not smarter!
I've never wore ear pro before when cutting, but I did this time. I agree, that little sucker is loud.

We can party in this here thread....after all, it is Saturday night.

6387739_700b.jpg

The Mud Shark of Zeppelin and Zappa lore?

Back