Finally scored some serious wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rygar

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Neighbor acroos the way just fell 5 Oaks and half are mine and half are mine neighbors.

also, finally had a connect with local tree service. have had about 8 cords of wood delivered in log length. mostly maple beech walnut, cherry with some ash and tulip mixed in. will post picks. have to process this quick so am thinking of doing holz hausen for stacking. thoughts ?

agreed. this is just one picture of the tree service. will get pictures of oak at lunch.

12106734_10207311526377064_5672322990286014144_n.jpg

Here is the first dropped load:
20151002_141840_resized.jpg

Here is the second dropped load:
20151008_143743_resized.jpg

I will have picture of the third load (2 pictures remaining logs and rounds in the back) and the Oak after lunch today when i run home to eat.

Very nice and yes I am just as jealous as the other guys. Now I got to go fell and buck and haul and split and stack my wood. Lol

im hoping to get at least 2 years worth out of all this. i should be able to get more wood along the line. the tree company driver said he hooked up a previous guy with abour 40cord worth. ive tipped him like $75 so far so hopefully he will continue to hook it up.

took me over a year and many many tries to get wood from a tree service

Think of all the fuel money and back pain you have saved yourself getting it dropped at your door...... Way to score!

Earlier today I saw K and J on Whitney Ave by Quinnipiac U. They had their own crane in use while doing a removal across from Krausers and Amity liquors. Very nice crane," Pete" I think, as I drove by.

im hoping to get at least 2 years worth out of all this. i should be able to get more wood along the line. the tree company driver said he hooked up a previous guy with abour 40cord worth. ive tipped him like $75 so far so hopefully he will continue to hook it up.

took me over a year and many many tries to get wood from a tree service

That is a fantastic score man!

Earlier today I saw K and J on Whitney Ave by Quinnipiac U. They had their own crane in use while doing a removal across from Krausers and Amity liquors. Very nice crane," Pete" I think, as I drove by.
the driver i deal with was telling me about their fleet. they have some serious machinery. i just was i could take more wood. im literally maxed out in my processing area. need to make room for a regular shed.

once what i have no is split and somewhat "piled up" and the shed is in i will try to get some more goods and keep going. will need to start stocking up on pallets very soon. looking to make a few holz hausen to finally test out

Back