Find Tri-Axle Pole Firewood in SW PA (Uniontown)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just given everyone an update I got 4 cords that have been split and stacked for a month now. I got probably another two cords on the ground. Plus I have a pile of extra cut offs from the trees that are to small to split and will just be noodled. SAo that grapple gave me about 6 cords officially. I only came across one nail in one log so far.

Attachments

• WP_20161203_13_31_09_Pro.JPG
    WP_20161203_13_31_09_Pro.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 31
  • WP_20161203_13_31_30_Pro.JPG
    WP_20161203_13_31_30_Pro.JPG
    260.3 KB · Views: 31
  • WP_20161203_13_32_02_Pro.JPG
    WP_20161203_13_32_02_Pro.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 30
All looks good to me, price seems reasonable, though I have never actually bought firewood. I am fortunate to live in the middle of a nice chunk of PA hardwood forest. And, unfortunate enough that some of this Oak dies every year. I cut dead red oak through the winter, process it, stack it and then use it second winter. In the rare occasion I have a live oak come down in a storm, or a rogue felling gone awry, I process and let it season for three years. If you have the time, and space, hardwood seasoned for 2 - 3 years is going to make your wood burning equipment happy, and keep you warm. Stick to your plan.

Thanks yeah I am lucking enough to have the space. I heat 3000 sq ft house well insulated very comfortably with 4 cords of 3 year old wood and 100 gallons of oil. It's like something magical happens to the wood at 3 years compared to two!!!

What's funny is my neighbors and people that pass by that think I am crazy!! Literally. Cause they say all that u need is one year to dry wood. How did the world become so uneducated about drying wood!!!

Nice!!! I had a few red oaks that I let sit out two years and i got 25% after I resplit the piece of wood. At three years it red 17%. Like you i like mine to be 15-20 before going into the fire.

Latest posts

Back