Finding Quality Employees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh wait.

this is the business management forum.

i'm going back out to hang out with the boys. see if we need anything in the shop. maybe do a little maintenance....

see you desk jockeys later.

I call BS on you. Alcohol is no different. I am a law abiding citizen, and I disagree on Alcohol's free pass. BS! Take a poll on here and see how many people drink. A lot. I don't care, I use to drink and know plenty of people wo do, but since it's legal, and many people use it. Is booze far better than a plant that doesn't make you stink, sick, blury-eyed, stupid, foolish, eratic, and annoying?

Burvol, I agree with you. Alcohol abuse is devastating.
However the post you quoted was about illegal drugs. Not alcohol.

Originally Posted by reachtreeservi
Quote: " It's all illegal, it's all dope.

Dope is wrong.
All the opinions in the world don't change wrong to right. " Unquote

Which was in reference to:

Originally Posted by Burvol
Quote " People who are lazy and retarted like to smoke pot just like intelligent people do, they just use it as a crutch for their short comings at birth. Dopers are what crankers are. " Unquote

Which is still true, whether you call BS or not.

And since you brought up the subject of alcohol:

Quote " Is booze far better than a plant that doesn't make you stink, sick, blury-eyed, stupid, foolish, eratic, and annoying? " Unquote

The answer is: No, it's not any better. I don't drink. If they outlawed it tomorrow morning it wouldn't affect me in the slightest. I'm against any substance that alters my ability to make rational decisions.

Let me ask you this , straight up. Do you smoke pot ?
And if your answer is yes and I'm willing to accept the consequences for my self and my family, then I still don't approve of the act. But I can accept the honesty and no BS.

But whether you do or don't smoke, all the arguments you might make make condoning illegal drug use won't amount to a pinprick on a postage stamp.

When you wake up tomorrow, It'll still be illegal.
Dopers will still be doing dope.
Those dopers will never be operating at full potential.
There actions will still cost them and their families untold amount of money and misery.

Dope is wrong.

All the posts in a chainsaw forum won't change this.

Your opinions on this subject, Burvol , are wrong.

And that's no BS

Last edited:

Dope is wrong.

Quote " People who are lazy and retarted like to smoke pot just like intelligent people do, they just use it as a crutch for their short comings at birth. Dopers are what crankers are. " Unquote

And since you brought up the subject of alcoholic:

Quote " Is booze far better than a plant that doesn't make you stink, sick, blury-eyed, stupid, foolish, eratic, and annoying? " Unquote

The answer is: No, it's not any better. I don't drink. If they outlawed it tomorrow morning it wouldn't affect me in the slightest. I'm against any substance that alters my ability to make rational decisions.

And if your answer is yes and I'm willing to accept the consequences for my self and my family, then I still don't approve of the act. But I can accept the honesty and no BS.

But whether you do or don't smoke, all the arguments you might make make condoning illegal drug use won't amount to a pinprick on a postage stamp.

There actions will still cost them and their families untold amount of money and misery.

Dope is wrong.

And that's no BS

some one roll this guy a fattie, quick.

some one roll this guy a fattie, quick.

Good one oldirty. Lighten up a bit there reach, pot is so common now that the b.s. about it is known to be b.s. I haven't used it for many years, along with booze, but so what. Here is a truth, if everyone who smoked pot in this province didn't show up tomorrow morning, the place would grind to a halt.

The time for dope, if you use that is, is after work, not before or during, thats it.

So if he is burnt the night before and comes into work in a fog,
and grabs the wrong rope, lets the limb crash through the house,
it would be ok with you? I ask you, do persons that smoke pot have
all their senses and never forget? I have witnessed many stupid things
done by drug users and they all think they are the best,work the hardest
and get more done. In their own toasted mind that may be true but the
rest of us here on planet reality, know different.

So if he is burnt the night before and comes into work in a fog,
and grabs the wrong rope, lets the limb crash through the house,
it would be ok with you? I ask you, do persons that smoke pot have
all their senses and never forget? I have witnessed many stupid things
done by drug users and they all think they are the best,work the hardest
and get more done. In their own toasted mind that may be true but the
rest of us here on planet reality, know different.

Pot does not put you in a fog the next day, booze does. Ok, it's all illegal, it's all bad. Gotcha. How about splenda vs. sugar? Anything that puts a fun, devious, exciting, or otherwise good flavor in my mouth is wrong.

Dope is wrong.

And since you brought up the subject of alcohol:

Dope is wrong.

And that's no BS

That really hit home with me Reach....I need help!!! My life is so out of control and I am lost. Pot has torn me and my fiance apart, just like so many families, the laughter, the relaxation, the chillin' with a glass of iced tea after work....I don't want to live in your world Reach, and that is no BS.

Ok, lets just set one thing straight, "dope" is heroin-its been that way sinse the 70's I believe. There is a big difference between the two. I personally think reach is a kiss a$$, thats just my opinion, at least I was honest instead of just saying what everyone wants to hear-and look at all this lovely response!! Pot is pot, its not bad, its not that good for everyone either, but its life, everone has flaws and in this biz probably more so, suck it up you dont own your employees!! Alchohol is much worse I'll agree, personally I'll try and work on that. I agree with rope that true sobriety is the best, but its treework you gotta be realistic about it or you're gonna be very lonely out there. When me and a friend worked for the christian he would drop in that we really should get drug tested-you know, just for ins. purposes and all that, we just kind of said well you gotta do what you gotta do-and guess what?...no drug test ever came! why? because we were an awesome crew and he couldnt lose us. Oh, did I forget to say..reach is a kiss a$$.BTW, WTF happened to my third rep point? I wanted that, damn. Lol.

Ok, lets just set one thing straight, "dope" is heroin-its been that way sinse the 70's I believe. There is a big difference between the two. I personally think reach is a kiss a$$, thats just my opinion, at least I was honest instead of just saying what everyone wants to hear-and look at all this lovely response!! Pot is pot, its not bad, its not that good for everyone either, but its life, everone has flaws and in this biz probably more so, suck it up you dont own your employees!! Alchohol is much worse I'll agree, personally I'll try and work on that. I agree with rope that true sobriety is the best, but its treework you gotta be realistic about it or you're gonna be very lonely out there. When me and a friend worked for the christian he would drop in that we really should get drug tested-you know, just for ins. purposes and all that, we just kind of said well you gotta do what you gotta do-and guess what?...no drug test ever came! why? because we were an awesome crew and he couldnt lose us. Oh, did I forget to say..reach is a kiss a$$.BTW, WTF happened to my third rep point? I wanted that, damn. Lol.
Ya musta rolled it up and smoked it:laugh: The thing you aren't seeing
in your pot head logic,is; no, the employer don't own or want to own you,
however he is responsible for your actions and yes, pot does put you in a
fog and out of touch with reality! By the way, The hardest drug I have done in fifteen years is aspirin, and I am not alone. Alcohol is terrible if a person has a problem I agree 100%, most of those types just flat don't show up. Anyway if you want to hear reality, I am sorry your boss can't find sober individuals but the problem is they probably won't work for what your awesome crew does!:hmm3grin2orange: I certainly know I won't, ok old dirty, I see where ya are coming from now, cheapest workers not
the best quality :laugh:

Last edited:
Ya musta rolled it up and smoked it:laugh: The thing you aren't seeing
in your pot head logic,is; no, the employer don't own or want to own you,
however he is responsible for your actions and yes, pot does put you in a
fog and out of touch with reality! By the way, The hardest drug I have done in fifteen years is aspirin, and I am not alone. Alcohol is terrible if a person has a problem I agree 100%, most of those types just flat don't show up. Anyway if you want to hear reality, I am sorry your boss can't find sober individuals but the problem is they probably won't work for what your awesome crew does!:hmm3grin2orange: I certainly know I won't, ok old dirty, I see where ya are coming from now cheapest workers not
the best quality :laugh:

That was a long time ago, with the ole boss, me and my friend were 20, I'm now 35 and have had my own buisiness for this will be twelve years now, just for the record. I've also got alot of equipment that I worked very hard to aquire-one ton 4 wheel, diesel bandit self feeder with winch,4 wheel drive rear mount 55-60 with 2 pto winches, john deere 4600+48 backhoe+farmi winch, trailer, toyota extra cab 4 wheel(estimates), a couple arbor jet systems, tons of huskys all kinds of ropes and anything else I need-except a stumper. I started out with a sand blaster, a welder and an older one ton. Not too bad for a "pothead" I guess.:cheers:

That was a long time ago, with the ole boss, me and my friend were 20, I'm now 35 and have had my own buisiness for this will be twelve years now, just for the record. I've also got alot of equipment that I worked very hard to aquire-one ton 4 wheel, diesel bandit self feeder with winch,4 wheel drive rear mount 55-60 with 2 pto winches, john deere 4600+48 backhoe+farmi winch, trailer, toyota extra cab 4 wheel(estimates), a couple arbor jet systems, tons of huskys all kinds of ropes and anything else I need-except a stumper. I started out with a sand blaster, a welder and an older one ton. Not too bad for a "pothead" I guess.:cheers:

Yeah, them plants can bring wealth, but don't get caught growing that stuff or you will have nothing again!

By the way, the man is watching :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
Yeah, them plants can bring wealth, but don't get caught growing that stuff or you will have nothing again!

Nice one there rope, but thats not the case, I've simply devoted the last 20 years to treework thats all. I'm really not that big of a pothead, I just smoke about a half doob at night when all is done, thats all. Its a good thing too or else I would have to deal with you and kiss a$$ reach chasing me around with yer friggin pee cup.

Nice one there rope, but thats not the case, I've simply devoted the last 20 years to treework thats all. I'm really not that big of a pothead, I just smoke about a half doob at night when all is done, thats all. Its a good thing too or else I would have to deal with you and kiss a$$ reach chasing me around with yer friggin pee cup.

Nah not me, I only would get ya if you showed burnout stupid behavior!

not to fuel the drug fires but the best tree guys i know get burnt. not only do they burn but they are far and away better than the straight edges i work with. much better.

Disturbing statement. Drugs are not a guaranteed route to becoming a good treeman. I've worked with some great treemen-some were clean, some were alcoholics, and some were druggies. I've also worked with some piss poor treemen-some were clean, some were alcoholics, and some were druggies. A love and passion for the job will make a good treeman whether they are doing drugs or not.

I'm actually one of the "straight edges." Don't do drugs and go months without a beer. Very early in my climbing career, came to work with a bad hangover. Foreman pulled me aside and asked me how i'd feel if i hurt one of my groundies because i was screwed up. The thought stuck with me.
I've got nothing against drugs and alcohol. I tell my guys when they leave the yard, i don't give a rat's ass what they do. They can get drunk, get high, sell their body on the street, go to church, whatever. But if what they do outside of work affects what they do at work, well, then it becomes my problem, and they aren't gonna like how i solve problems.

Latest posts

Back