Finding the right insurance company/coverage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutter Dan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have branched off and started my own tree cutting service. I'll be doing cutting, climbing, removal, and stump grinding. Might have one or two friends of mine helping me out with it at first on a part time basis, as it's only a part time venture for me and the company for now. We will have some equipment such as a Bobcat, chainsaws and dump trailer, typical stuff. We were wondering what insurance companies you guys prefer and what kind of coverage we'll need?

$2 Mil gen liability is what I have. Make sure it covers you climbing to the heights you actually work at. For example mine covers me to 100 ft. Since I know that's about as high as I'll ever be off the ground in my area. If you're using equipment get that insured too, especially for theft.

$2 Mil gen liability is what I have. Make sure it covers you climbing to the heights you actually work at. For example mine covers me to 100 ft. Since I know that's about as high as I'll ever be off the ground in my area. If you're using equipment get that insured too, especially for theft.
What insurance company do you use? I'll have to get my truck covered too.

Back