Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No handcrew assignments this year for us :-(

5638b1ce05d3c48935c2baa10df89a96.png

IA in Malibu right now
b810848a2dc161f38a2cdddabad5f525.png

Just did S-390 this week, S-330 in 3 weeks, and RX-310 in July. Got snowed the hell out in Ft Collins yesterday. Weird thinking about fire during a heavy snowstorm. Still, why are they scheduling training during fire season? Oh, yeah, that's right -- the DOD cadre folks are all from the deep south, and it's not THEIR fire season.

LA area Boys runnin' D8R and a coulple D10
Computerized GPS and file bank, all there roads and tracks are stored for tie-ins
93fa84be67ab6e2871b83a9b881a8aec.jpg

Thats nice to have especially them GPS systems.
Our agency tracks us with some little thing but we cant see our location in our tractors.

Florida Forest Service is implimenting GPS in their tractors where they can see where they are at and the supervisor can too.

But those systems cant track if youre 5 miles away but generally youre not going to be that far away from your supervisor or transport.

D8 would be nice but most of the time they use them for KG.

We try to keep most our IA tractors small because of the pine plantations we have and dont want to knock every landowner pine tree down.

We have 450Gs up to our D6N and TD 15 and we do have a John Deere 1050 with KG blade.

Them skidgines are nice to have. We were going to use a unimog and put a tank on it

Just did S-390 this week, S-330 in 3 weeks, and RX-310 in July. Got snowed the hell out in Ft Collins yesterday. Weird thinking about fire during a heavy snowstorm. Still, why are they scheduling training during fire season? Oh, yeah, that's right -- the DOD cadre folks are all from the deep south, and it's not THEIR fire season.

were burning here in Georgia and Florida

But we are getting rain soon. But we really need a tropical storm.

Are they still teaching nomograms in 390? Been awhile since I've taken it.

Are they still teaching nomograms in 390? Been awhile since I've taken it.

Of course. I kinda like 'em, really. They're a lot of math packed into a very usable graphic format. They're also sort of teasing BEHAVE Plus but I think that's a S-490 thing exactly as nomograms were teased in S-290 but not really a major component until S-390. It's like the NWCG guys think they're a soap opera of some kind.

hey guys im back! just in time for the season. Hey! i have an S-212 class coming up in two weeks in Fresno Ca. being put on by Golden State Fire Support. have and of you guys dealt with them in the past?

Latest posts

Back