Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Del Norte, so far we have smoke and ash, from whichever way the winds blows.
I intermittently fought fires from '74 to '82, with some snag killing duties in '86.
I saw a bunch of action in Humboldt, Mendo, Trinity and the vast pine forests in NE CA.

Up on the Sequoia NF-Pier fire.
Hwy-190 near Sequoia Crest and Alpine Village
928d1cdaa7fa5c5e5c04225ccb919d1b.jpg

8ed75d53817a9153847d03a2d3679aa6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We hit 91F yesterday in Crescent City, 21% RH, 84F today, breezy, heavy smoke with some ash 'flurries'.
Critical fire danger through tomorrow, then things might ease up some.

Air seems to be clearing a bit here, too. Less ash, anyway. Supposedly there's gonna be about 1/10" of rain Saturday... which is less than half of what's required to qualify as a wetting rain. So, it'll pretty much immediately evaporate and drain and not affect fire behavior much. Lightning expected near the Cascade crest, but not in the lowlands. Army is activating 200 troops to go to the Umpqua or somewhere else in OR; saw them yesterday trying on their new crappy blue linegear. This probably means OR National Guard is tapped out. I don't know what WA National Guard is up to but if my experience with them in 2015 is any indication, they're kicking ass and taking names. Very professional and motivated lot, impressed me quite a bit.

I met a Two-Time big foot sighter today. He even saw 2 of their offspring.
Nasty little ones he claimed
He also laid in their nest, he's damn near 6 foot and the nest was much bigger [emoji15]

God ya gotta luv the Klamath and Happy Camp !!

Wouldn't be a season without spending time here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunday was first day that sun was not dim orange here all day. Last week here looked like LA in the early 1970's
Lots of fir needles falling today, DW likes to blow off the drive of needles so they don't get tracked into the house.
Started but quit, too much ash blowing up yet as still no rain here except a few drops, and that never got thru the trees.

over the last week or so I went off to WY to show the wifey where I'm from and stuff...

Anyway all the way there including a night in Idaho, visibility was around 500' down to 200' (which didn't stop anyone from doing 75-85 mph...)

Stupid gps app on muh phone decided that I90 was the quickest way to yellow stone from lewiston id, sent us to missula MT where the smoke was probably the worst...

Back home the smoke cleared out 3-4 hours after we left... meanwhile, bloodshot eyes and sore throats later...

All them windmills in vantage WA we could only see 3-4 of em on the way out.

Had a bit of rain this morning. More in the forecast. Don't know if it hit the Jolly Mnt. Complex, or Norse Peak. The wind have cleared everything out here south of Seattle.

Back