firewood conveyor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yooperman

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some conveyor pics? I've talked with a few people around here about selling their old bale conveyors but everyone seems to want to see them rot in their field than sell them. Has anyone ever made their own? I just need something to move wood away from the splitter. Thanks, Bill

I just bought one at auction Saturday about 20' w/'lectric motor, undercarrage and roadworthy $25. Another one at same sale PTO power 35' $70. Watch for local consignment auctions or place ad in paper. Building one would be rewarding but lots more $ than used hay and grain elevators bring around here. 20' will due fine for me as all I want to do is load my pick up from the splitter.

I'll have to put an add in the paper. Thats what I'm looking for, something free to $100.

There is a auction this weekend in the LP. In Berville, about an hour north of Detroit. I went there last year, they had some conveyors then I'm sure they will have some now. The auction is Saturday and it starts at 9:00am.

Firewood Conveyor - Wanted

I am also looking for a 20 to 24 foot firewood conveyor. I am located in Coboconk, Ontario. Canada. If anyone out there has one or knows of one that is available please let me know.
Thanks,

Are these grain elevators as fast as a wood conveyer? Will they keep up w a fast splitter (Timberwolf). Now I split into a bin 8ft by 4 by3 high w metal loops on the 4 corners. I pick bin up full w truck crane I have for my tree svc and put down on pile or in truck and disconnect 2 chokers and use the remaining 2 to dump. Would rather have constant movement if fast enough.

if they are too slow, just turn the speed up.

generally though, unless you are running a HUGE commercial processor, the conveyor is more then enough.

I just bought one at auction Saturday about 20' w/'lectric motor, undercarrage and roadworthy $25. Another one at same sale PTO power 35' $70. Watch for local consignment auctions or place ad in paper. Building one would be rewarding but lots more $ than used hay and grain elevators bring around here. 20' will due fine for me as all I want to do is load my pick up from the splitter.
Was hoping to see more chatter about farm conveyer. Can you find one w gas engine? What are the logistics of electric engine? Can they be powered w a gas generator? Can you find replacement parts incl. belts?

Was hoping to see more chatter about farm conveyer. Can you find one w gas engine? What are the logistics of electric engine? Can they be powered w a gas generator? Can you find replacement parts incl. belts?
I was going to post a pic but I cant seem to remember to take a camera with me to the shop which is on the other side of town. The 'lectric motor is coming off and will be replaced with a Honda 5.5 because it is laying around from an old go cart. If a person was to be buying a new motor a 3 would be plenty. A person could also run the elevator with the splitter hydraulics by using a Charr-Lynn motor and the retun oil from the splitter valve. Of course you would need to have a little excess umph in the splitter motor too. Anyway you look at it a used hay and grain elevator (proper term here, LOL) even with new power is lots cheaper than a new purpose built firewood conveyor. Around here they are cheap and plentyful (corn belt), I would assume that is not the case in Nome Alaska, LOL

I use an old grain elevator as well. Not sure on the length but probably 25-30 feet? It has an electric motor and works great. Yes you can use a generator. It better be a good size one though. Mine is a 4kw and it damn near stalls when I turn the conveyor on.

Stams equipment in Wayland MI has a couple of old hay bale coveyors. not sure on the price, but they seem to have everything, probably a couple of acres of old farm equipment.

I'll have to put an add in the paper. Thats what I'm looking for, something free to $100.

:rock: I love it......A true yooper...FREE to 100 bucks!! No wonder life is so good in da U.P.
Trust me he'll find the deal, yoopers have a way. I,m in Ontonagon Co. but travel allot throughout the west side of the U.P. from Alger Co. to Ironwood area. and northern WI. i will keep an eye out if this is a good distance of travel for ya. what end of the U.P. ya live?

Last edited:
Ben14826, Is that Jessica Simpson under your name or is that U? If so, u sho is purdy.

Yooper, I live in Deerton (between Marquette and Munising). Where are you in Ont. Co.? I deerhunt in Bruces. Let me know if you run into a conveyor. I have a buddy checking for me in the thumb also. If I'd known you had the yooper handle I wouldn't have used yooperman, sorry about that. Thanks, Bill

Ben14826, Is that Jessica Simpson under your name or is that U? If so, u sho is purdy.

LOL No it's some model. Jessica Simpsons face is fatter than that. I wondered if ppl might start thinking that was me??!?! Yikes! Isn't she amazing though? I havea few that I will be using over the next few weeks.

Yooper, I live in Deerton (between Marquette and Munising). Where are you in Ont. Co.? I deerhunt in Bruces. Let me know if you run into a conveyor. I have a buddy checking for me in the thumb also. If I'd known you had the yooper handle I wouldn't have used yooperman, sorry about that. Thanks, Bill

no offense taken yooperman,I live in between Ontonagon and the porcupine Mt. on the Big Lake. had a buddy, tim that lived in deerton he moved after he got a divorce. I know quite a few people up your way that work at cci. Ill but the bug in there ear too.

conveyor

How does one convert a bale conveyor to wood?

here's a look down my conveyor i use woody's ice pic's for snowmobiles to grab the SLIPPERY WOOD during slippery conditions works good:bowdown:

smokinyardwork002.jpg

Latest posts

Back