Firewood Flyers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put 3"x4" ad in the local weekly shopping guide for four weeks. I think it cost about $20 per week. That resulted in enough orders to keep me busy most of the year. The following year, I sent a letter to previous year's customers thanking them for their business and giving the price for the new year. That was all I needed to fill last years orders.

Hey i like the flyer's a lot!! But try another color then yellow for the letter Kinda hard to read. maybe red. Just my .02. :greenchainsaw:

Word of mouth and repeat business keep me sold out every year.

Nice flyer, but I'd loose the legal description stuff about the cord or at least put it at the bottom of the page instead of the top.

I like it, actually. But make sure you point out that "face cord" is NOT a fraction of a cord. Far too many people will assume that it's legal because it has the word "cord" in it. I'd add a line like, "Terms such as "face cord" and "rick" are not legal terms for selling firewood in the State of Ohio."

But yeah, put that at the bottom, and lose the "For your information.." part. Just say it.

Free ads

This ad sold over 20 cords for me,,,,,,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOT WOOD?

Having been told that those little bundles of firewood that you can buy in stores are about 1 cubic foot of wood!,,,,, That provoked me into doing a comparison,as I sell it in bulk.,,,,,

1 True cord of firewood has 128 bundles @ less then $1.50 a bundle at $190/cord

1/2 Cord has 64 bundles at about $1.56 per bundle at $100 per/ 1/2 cord

A Face cord has about 42 2/3 bundles @ $1.76 per bundle at $75/ Face Cord

1/4 Cord has 32 bundles @ about $1.88 per bundle at $60/ 1/4 Cord

If there charging $5 a bundle, thats $640 dollars a cord,,,,, It can save as you more then $450 dollars a cord if you buy it in bulk!

Got Wood?

(This free ad on Craigs List was all I needed to sell 20 cords)

My .02 cents worth,,,,,

I would drop the idea of affordable firewood, maybe it's just me, but I sold out of wood as it was, to do this year over, I would target a more upper end market.

This year I hope to gear to the Customer that don't use the word "price" in there first sentence.

Closing a sale by asking how they would like there wood sorted as you can match it to there needs of a fireplace or small small stove will usually end there search and set up a time for delivery.

Kevin

perhaps I am just ranting from my first wood purchase- generally process my own wood- you should advertise seasoned or unseasoned. and if it is advertised as seasoned it better be better than "oh, it, um, er, sat on the ground fro six months before I, er, cut it and split it" (not seasoned, not professional).

thanks for all the feedback it really helps, if any of you have flyers or newspaper ads you would like to post on here feel free to. you never know there may help someone who is trying to get into the business and needs help with some marketing ideas. again thanks for the feedback

Latest posts

Back