firewood prices(INDIANA)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is quite a discrepancy between 1/3 cord price and a cord.

Yep. I price it that way to encourage people to buy more at a time. It saves me on fuel.

Plus, my wood is cut 18-20" in length, so it doesn't take 3 rick to make a cord anyhow. My rick at 4x8x1.5 is a better value at $70 than it is for someone else's at 4x8x1.2 or so for $60 or $65. People seem to like it this way. Often people want a full cord but can't afford it all at once, so we just have them send the rest in the mail.

Been reading the thread, I go over and coon hunt with some guys just south of connersville every year. Thats a nice area. about a 5 hour hall from southern illinois though...

A full cord is going for about $160 delivered over here..

You guys are pretty cheap, around here where hard wood is abundant and everywhere it goes for about $150 a cord cut and split.

Welcome to the site. Here in Vermillion county, a 4x8x16" goes for $50, delivered and split. Gotta watch the "R" word, rick, as some folks don't recognize it as legal. I have no problem with it, as most of the posters replying here don't either.

Ok we have vermillion, parke, and fountain(me) counties. Can I get a warren, montgomery and a Tippecanoe. Come on I know your out there might as well chime in.

tops

How many acres are you talkin about, I think more like 90,tops,.....and thats a train load or two,...Eric

Cabinman, its 88 acres and it is 900 tops, he had 900 trees taken out and the equates to 900 tops...hes 72 yrs. old and figures he wont get to log it agin so he had every big tree on the place taken out and there were some really big oaks and pig hickories/ash...some of the ash the top are 30- in. across or better ..Oh yeah and Im in Parke county...

Welcome to the site. Here in Vermillion county, a 4x8x16" goes for $50, delivered and split. Gotta watch the "R" word, rick, as some folks don't recognize it as legal. I have no problem with it, as most of the posters replying here don't either.

Man I am lucky here in St. Louis a 4x8x16" goes for $100-120 for me. Some people are getting $135 plus.

Scott

Too Cheap

I was thinking along the same line as Dean. I also have several hundred tops to work on and was thinking of a little extra cash......but, unless firewood prices jump up again I think I will just work on putting together the next few years of my wood. It seems to be worth more when I compare it to the price of Propane.:dunno:

Yes, you do have to be careful with the word "rick". There was another post on here a week or so ago, regarding that. When I think of a "rick" I think 16"-18", but that is not necessarily what everyone else thinks. I seen an ad in the Indianapolis Star the other day for firewood that said, "hardwood, $70.00 a "rick" cut to any length. I thought about calling and telling him I want my "rick" 4 feet long.

I thought about calling and telling him I want my "rick" 4 feet long.

Screw that, I'd rather have the 16"'s than recut 4' pieces...Unless your stove can burn em. I hate recutting small pieces infact I don't anymore it just gets thrown in the "campfire" pile with all the crotches and punky stuff.:greenchainsaw:

Screw that, I'd rather have the 16"'s than recut 4' pieces...Unless your stove can burn em. I hate recutting small pieces infact I don't anymore it just gets thrown in the "campfire" pile with all the crotches and punky stuff.:greenchainsaw:

I think he was saying that because it gives you a lot more wood.

I am a few miles from the Indiana border and I sell a half cord for $140 delivered and dumped and a full cord for $250. Like was mentioned I was selling like crazy when heating oil was more expensive a little while ago. I heat my house completely with wood so not so worried about selling a lot.
attachment.php

I am selling a 4'x8'x16" face cord or whatever you want to call it for $65.
Thats straight out of the woods split deadwood. I aim on charging more for my small stockpile later this winter and may go up later depending on other prices and availubility.
Few people in this area sell more then an occasional load around here these days and I get more calls then I want fairly often. Last years weather ruined a lot of stock piles (to wet to burn , froze in ice, etc.) Lot of corn burners switching to wood this year as well as others.

Naw people west of state road 63 dont count. Ok guess we can consider you a hoosier too! :clap:

Grew up a mile down the road from the Beef House, so I got a little Hoosier blood in me. Gotta head back over for some of those rolls pretty soon!

Latest posts

Back