firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting for the frost to come out of the ground here. Water is pushing up through the cracks in the asphalt because it can't sink down to the water table.

It's a muddy mess with solid ice at about 6".

IMG_20150405_145756.jpg

You guys need more snow .

Ice is almost out on the lake. :p
lol about time jim! nice snow this morning! just got back in from the camper with the long rods and tackle box's going through everything b4 the action starts! boat's still locked up with all the lawn gear and hoses, so maybe the frost will dwindle before long also? I am guessing your itching to put all them new toys to work/play soon ... kinda like a antsy kid waiting for Christmas morning hey!

? MEAN?? you have all the snow we need for a wetter ground so we can Meir out in mud, get stuck in frost holes, jump over stumps we forgot about or any of them lovely things that could just possibly go wrong that we all miss so much longing for a longer winter to make us as tough as them "CRAZY CANADIANS" ?? YOU TALK OF MEAN...... share your winter and stop hogging it all ... we want to be tough! LOL it's a warm an wonderful spring day northern friend!! have a beer on me !:cheers:

I am guessing your itching to put all them new toys to work/play soon ... kinda like a antsy kid waiting for Christmas morning hey!

I go to pick up my root grapple tomorrow. :rock2: Surplus Center hasn't sent me the shipping confirmation on my needed fittings for the diverter valve yet though, so I'm not sure I'll get those yet this week or not. I have one hose to go, and need some extensions for a couple to move how I want them without hitting the other's coming out of the valve when the boom is raised.

I've been using the tractor to move dirt and rocks for my road. I already have 11 hours seat time clocked on it. Love that thing!

Pulls trees like they're not even back there! To think how I've struggled using my atv over the past few years. I can hook a 20" black ash to the tractor and drive away - whole tree, top and all... Needed to use the arch with the atv just to budge the trunk.

I'll be building a skidding winch yet, but decided the grapple was more fuss and bother than I wanted to monkey with this spring. I need to be able to use it, not be tied up making it.

1431900853230.jpg 1431900866567.jpg Sense I lack a 3 point for a proper carry all I built a rack for the old 45 model c ac. Used a few nice big oak timbers bolted to the draw bar. Pain to take off but can still mow with it there. Just can't pull my trailer witch this eliminated. Kinda hard to pull my 6x8 trailer in the woods. It was logged about 7 years ago but other then big stumps and nice trails for my tractor you could never tell they were there.

20150502_143949.jpg

This has to be the easiest way to move a whole tree. :D I had to cut it down to fit down the road.

17" at the butt black ash, dead from too high of water table thanks to the township's culvert that's heaving up out of their road. I have a bunch more that need to come out, but I'm going to wait for winter so they don't get stuck in the swamp.

Well, my deutz I use has been down awhile now, the mechanic still can't find some diagrams and service info he needs. So I have no idea when I'll get that back, loved it, versatile, deutz 6206. Scrounged a lot with that one and my home made tote box. Unfortunately, it is past due to hay, bush hog and so on while waiting for repairs, let alone dragging any wood out. The boss also found out, no more deutz parts for that era tractor except what is on the shelves now so...this just showed up in my front yard..

..man, sure a lot of lee-vers and buttons and do dads in this thing.... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20150521_153011.jpg
    IMG_20150521_153011.jpg
    749.9 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20150521_152925.jpg
    IMG_20150521_152925.jpg
    790.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20150521_152850.jpg
    IMG_20150521_152850.jpg
    763.7 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_20150521_152742.jpg
    IMG_20150521_152742.jpg
    804.8 KB · Views: 189
If you ever get time and are so inclined, could you please take a look over the new arrival and see if it is the United Nations of tractor that most others are? Does the axle have a made in China stamp on it? How about the transmission and engine? I believe it is made in USA rather than just assembled, but just where the line between made and assembled from local and overseas ingredients is, who really knows?

If you ever get time and are so inclined, could you please take a look over the new arrival and see if it is the United Nations of tractor that most others are? Does the axle have a made in China stamp on it? How about the transmission and engine? I believe it is made in USA rather than just assembled, but just where the line between made and assembled from local and overseas ingredients is, who really knows?

Ya, I'll take a look around it. Supposedly made here in Georgia, but don't know on all the various components.

I had to ask the delivery dude where the heck reverse was, turns out it has an automatic forward/reverse lever, like a forklift, etc., for a total of 12 gears forward and back.

Ya, I'll take a look around it. Supposedly made here in Georgia, but don't know on all the various components.

I had to ask the delivery dude where the heck reverse was, turns out it has an automatic forward/reverse lever, like a forklift, etc., for a total of 12 gears forward and back.
Clutch-less (although I guess technically a hydro clutch ?) forward and reverse, like a power reverser/ power shift would be great for FEL work.

I foresee tons of entertainment...I mean work getting done on that green machine in the near future.

Clutch-less (although I guess technically a hydro clutch ?) forward and reverse, like a power reverser/ power shift would be great for FEL work.

I foresee tons of entertainment...I mean work getting done on that green machine in the near future.

The forward and reverse is on the column. It has a clutch, but doesn't feel like a regular clutch, about zip effort needed for it. Don't know how it works. I'll go for a shakedown in it this weekend and familiarize myself with it before haying. Do some bushogging and stuff. I have some bucket forks, see if they will fit. I'm not big on enclosed cabs, will take me a bit to get used to it, I like to be able to see all around me better, but... it'll be OK. I mean, ain't complaining, these cost like new cadillacs or something, a lot. At least I can pop open some windows, really don't like AC. The only thing it doesn't have that I would want is a hydraulic toplink on the rear three point, need to get one. Got spoiled with that on the deutz.

It has a clutch
you wont need it to change direction. As weird as that will feel for a wee while.

---------------

12F/12R PowrReverser™ transmission is ideal for demanding applications

r4d035555_joystick_ctrl.jpg
Electrohydraulic reverser lever

The John Deere built PowrReverser transmission provides 12 forward and 12 reverse gears for operators requiring additional flexibility for multiple applications. It comes standard with shiftable 540/540 Economy PTO. This transmission is ideal for operators using their tractors to perform in versatile applications.

Hydraulic wet forward and reverse clutches maximize durability and will outlast the life of any dry clutch. When tractors are run by multiple operators with a variety of experience levels, a wet clutch is the best way to maintain transmission integrity and performance while decreasing clutch replacement costs.

Two platform-mounted levers offer easy and comfortable shifting for a pleasant operator experience. The gear-shift lever is easy to reach and the less-used range lever is now shorter.

Unique knobs make it easier to distinguish between the two. The forward lever selects one of four speeds, all synchronized shifts for on-the-go shifting with the use of the clutch. The rear lever selects collar-shift A, B, and C ranges, which are not synchronized.

Maximum productivity is achieved with hydraulic powershift between forward and reverse and is ideal for loader and rear blade applications that require frequent directional switches in tight spaces. Excellent modulation allows the operator to shift the direction lever from neutral to forward or reverse, forward to reverse, reverse to forward, or to neutral from forward or reverse.

Operators can accomplish all these directional changes without sacrificing comfort or having to depress the clutch pedal. The speed of directional changes can be adjusted to the operator's preference or application demands with the field-installed infinitely variable control kit.

An electrohydraulic fingertip directional lever control allows the operator to effortlessly switch directions with a small finger motion. The control is located on the left side of the instrument console and selects forward, reverse, and neutral positions.

It also allows the operator to steer and shift direction with the left hand, freeing the right hand to operate other tractor controls, such as the loader, rear implements, or hand throttle.

Back