firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finally got myself a firewood (and for other things) tractor :)
It's a 2007 Massey Ferguson 1540, very nice shape, low hours of only 700, quick attach bucket and rear tire chains. It's a shuttle shift. I love it so far, been using it for work, it is great having the forks on it for moving supplies around the job site. I'm a builder. The only thing I am going to have to do is get the rear tires loaded. I think this option is better than having an impliment on the rear or maybe a weight box of some sort. I don't own any attachments yet so maybe the weight box is the way to go? Concrete filled barrel.
I'll try to post some pics in the near future.
Dave

It's a 2007 Massey Ferguson 1540, very nice shape, low hours of only 700, quick attach bucket and rear tire chains. It's a shuttle shift. I love it so far, been using it for work, it is great having the forks on it for moving supplies around the job site. I'm a builder. The only thing I am going to have to do is get the rear tires loaded. I think this option is better than having an impliment on the rear or maybe a weight box of some sort. I don't own any attachments yet so maybe the weight box is the way to go? Concrete filled barrel.
Dave

Rear forks and a home made tote box to fit on them is just fabulous for going out scrounging. Plenty of rear weight once it is full of wood!

I use my tractor mainly as a loader tractor so I do have fluid filled tires. It does make a big difference. There is a skidding boom on the 3 pt most of the time which adds even more weight. I am able to pick up entire trees up to around 20" breast height with the grapple & move them around instead of dragging. The cleaner I can keep the wood, the more my chains appreciate it.

Dave
Loaded rear tires are great, but doesn't take the place or do the same as ballast on the 3 pt hitch. I use both.

View attachment 432450

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
438c9c91dd291d8cb8b862410a74554e.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back