firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1996? Hydramac 1850 with Isuzu diesel, forks and 7' wide bucket. Not a tractor, but works for what I need it for. Forks are really handy for moving logs, and firewood "pallets".....I was not even bouncing the back tires. I love the beast. It just fits in the overhead doors in garage and machine shed, 1/2" clearance.

20151203_175513_zpsbgsga2yz.jpg

Although, I prefer to NOT get my logs dirty, sometimes it just doesn't work that way...

I took out some hundred + year old pines for a customer/friend, that you had to go through a sand pit to get to them, there just was NO other way to get in, and on top of that, you had to climb a STEEP bank to get back where they were! That meant skidding, through sand!

But I did manage to get them, and they were some beauties!,

standard.jpg

My OLD Husqvarna 268xp sure has been a good saw!

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

After skidding them through the woods to get to my "log haulers",

standard.jpg

I got my "dirty logs" loaded,

standard.jpg

and pulled out, up "sugar sand" hill to the road,

standard.jpg

where I hooked the loads into "doubles" and headed home,

standard.jpg

Once to the mill site, I started my pump and we gave the logs a good wash!

standard.jpg

They made some fantastic lumber!!

standard.jpg

here's "some" of it, all stickered,

standard.jpg

Now, that's some VERY nice lumber there, ready to build with!

SR

Well after looking at all of you guys' "real" firewood tractors I figured I'd put up a pic or two of what I use to bring wood up to the house. It's an old late 70s Jacobsen garden tractor that I got for practically nothing becuz it wasn't running. I got 'er up and running and she's been a great little helper for the past 20 or so years that I've had 'er. She's a tough little cuss that just keeps going:chop:

Time to move another "half cord" of seasoned splits to the basement window!

standard.jpg

The splits get covered for a couple weeks, and then, down into the basement they go...

The boxes get loaded with green splits,

standard.jpg

and the splits dry out really nice "right in the boxes", it sure cuts down on having to handle the wood so many times!

SR

Time to move another "half cord" of seasoned splits to the basement window!

standard.jpg

The splits get covered for a couple weeks, and then, down into the basement they go...

The boxes get loaded with green splits,

standard.jpg

and the splits dry out really nice "right in the boxes", it sure cuts down on having to handle the wood so many times!

SR

Not sure what you call the "Grapple" or thumb, but it is SWEET!!!! Need me grapple for the skidloader. Love the mill too! I just bought me a a little Haddon chainsaw attachment for cutting some lumber. I don't do much or need real nice lumber tho. Just some trailer deck/hayrack lumber.

Not sure what you call the "Grapple" or thumb, but it is SWEET!!!! Need me grapple for the skidloader.
The grapple/pallet fork "combo" has been GREAT! Like when I'm cleaning boulders out of the fields, I drive the forks under the boulder, grapple it, and pull the boulder right out of the ground!

standard.jpg

Then I pick the boulder up, and load it on my wagon,

standard.jpg

Once I have a good load of them, I can pull them home,

standard.jpg

Where I can unload them,

standard.jpg

putting them along my drive to the shop,

standard.jpg

Anyway, I rather like the way they look there...

SR

Three point attachment fabricated myself, allocated the forks from here at work, heavier pair then we typically use.

Back