firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was playing with the 135 today. Was looking at the fan while it was running. I was thinking "dang, that thing has a lot of wobble in it!", and it started spitting antifreeze in my face. Guess I'll order a new water pump in the morning, Joe.

I got my firewood tractor out today, getting it ready for fall! lol

standard.jpg

SR

These followed me home from a sale and the gantry too. What a riot to put up using a tractor that wouldn't lift high enough. Yup that's a steel beam 12' high sitting on skids. I'm using it for my Grandsons swing. I like to make stuff strong enough, actually it was cheaper than a sheetmetal swingset.
IMG_20160917_152401.jpg IMG_20160917_185426.jpg IMG_20160917_194307.jpg

Those Stieners make good skidders for small stuff if you have the weight bar for the front. I have a 430max with, dual wheels, setting in my shed I havent cranked in several years. Only has about 400 or so hours on it. I bought a Ventrac and sort of left the Stiener to just rust away. I need to get it out and see if it will crank, tires are dry rotten, flat, and cracked, probably wont hold air.

I love playing with my Steiner in the bush but it is also dangerous being so small and playing with big wood. It would be great for tops but I try to pull big trees with it. I bought the 2 used ones to have a spare for weed spraying, lawn sweeping and blade work. I will fix both up and likely sell one of them so that the other is "free". Got mower decks and hydraulic blades with them too. All need work and the price reflected that.

I know for a fact you can turn those stieners over. A buddy wanted to try mine out and flipped it on level ground in my front yard. I flipped it unloading it off a trailer. You have to keep weight on the front or your just asking for it. I have a bunch of attachments for mine and they all fit the ventrac. I dont use either tractor or any of the attachments anymore. One day I am going to clean everything up and sale them, but I keep thinking I might need them again.

Back