firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7a4da52c7ac08275a8be0eecedbf8e13.jpg
We use here in holland for around the house and in the woods this Yanmar 2000 , it looks small but it is very powerfull i am very happy with it! But when it rains for several weeks i am repainting and restoring it, so its multi purpose [emoji12]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A510F met Tapatalk

We cut a big load of oak firewood last week,

standard.jpg

Some of the blocks were HUGE crotches,

standard.jpg

So today I backed the splitter to the back of the wagon, and we rolled the big blocks right onto the splitters beam,

standard.jpg

and run them all through the 4-way wedge,

standard.jpg

and, a couple hours later, we had quite a pile of red oak splits!

standard.jpg

That's it for this time!

SR

We cut a big load of oak firewood last week,

standard.jpg

Some of the blocks were HUGE crotches,

standard.jpg

So today I backed the splitter to the back of the wagon, and we rolled the big blocks right onto the splitters beam,

standard.jpg

and run them all through the 4-way wedge,

standard.jpg

and, a couple hours later, we had quite a pile of red oak splits!

standard.jpg

That's it for this time!

SR

You've probably said it before but what kind of tractor do you have hooked up to the splitter? Looks like a Fendt or Deutz.

Nice production line you've got set up there.

I am hoping to build up my old Kubota L305 for a tight trail woods tractor with small pallet lift on back and winch on the front.Etc,etc
Hey Milkie I have a L305DT 20161201_142802.jpg with a 3pt logging winch. It is a great little tractor for getting into tight spaces. Where in NY are you located.

20170119_175344.jpg 20170119_175335.jpg
Was giving a set of log tongs so I borrowed a draw bar from the neighbor and came up with this. Only log in had laying around was this old pine log. Moved it fine. Gunna see how it dose in the woods if it ever drys up or freezes. Ideally I'd use my old ac model c but she ain't running currently.

My small but fearly strong Alstor 8x8, a swedish made mashine with 17hp diesel and variator. 3,5m crane with ca 650kg lift power at Max. it also has a 40m 1200kg vinsj in the back.

Whoa--that's very cool. So is there a hydraulic drive for the trailer wheels? Found some videos just now, but would love to see your machine in action

Diesel Dash, It's a Deutz, 30hp 2 cyl diesel...

standard.jpg

Man, it just sips fuel sloooowly. lol I've owned it since the early 80's...

SR
There's a 30/06 and a 40/06 near me, both bought new by the same man. He's passed now, but I remember him saying the same thing about their fuel usage. They are good tractors.

Back