firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1962 Minneapolis-Moline JetStar with Schwartz loader.
Didn't see any Mo's here so thought I'd add one!

Tire guy will be out with new 14.9-28 6ply Firestones for her thursday morning. She doesn't get worked hard but still wears some mud from the last couple loads brought home as the frost was going out.

My buddy that helps me from time to time has a mini-mo, it was his grandpa's... Mostly he takes it to shows..

SR

I cleaned and adjusted the tracks on one of my fire wood tractors today,

standard.jpg

It's now ready to go!

SR

Love the crawlers. We had a JD crawler with a loader. Think it was a 420? Been a while basically the same as an M with the up n down 2-cylinder. Was just getting too expensive to maintain so it had to go.

Mo got his new shoes. Hope they last another 40 years or so!

Love the crawlers. We had a JD crawler with a loader. Think it was a 420? Been a while basically the same as an M with the up n down 2-cylinder. Was just getting too expensive to maintain so it had to go.

Mo got his new shoes. Hope they last another 40 years or so!
I had a buddy in high school that used to drive his Moline to school. It was a 60's model and it was pretty big. All I remember is that it was bigger than my JD 2010, Joe.

First job my firewood tractor did today, was to unload this walnut a friend brought over,

standard.jpg

I'll be milling it for him soon...

Next, I moved an old pine log to my BSM, as I need some stickers,

standard.jpg

I went all around it, taking the slabs off, then taking 7/8" boards off and then every three boards or so, I would stand them up and take 7/8" cuts off them,

standard.jpg

Until I had the whole log milled into 8' 6" x 7/8" x 7/8" "stickers.

standard.jpg

I then stacked the stickers side by side, layer by layer, until I had a nice stack, and put four ratchet straps around the pile to hold all the stickers together. All that was left to do after that, was to measure out two 48" lengths and chainsaw them out, making two bundles of 48" long stickers!

standard.jpg

for a total at just over 200.

That's it for today!

SR

I've been using my firewood tractor to push out some walnut and pine stumps that needed to be removed.

I cut the tree's earlier for firewood, as they were blown over by a tornado...

standard.jpg

My 450 isn't a big dozer, but it does get the job done, it just takes a little longer,

standard.jpg

And with a few of the stumps out, I did a bit of "clean up" as I moved on to the next spot,

standard.jpg

I will get back out there soon and clean up the last of the firewood...

SR

Here's my firewood tractor at work, loading this walnut,

standard.jpg

on my BSM and then I opened it up,

standard.jpg

WOW, pretty nice log, so I took some wide 5/4 flitches off, turning it until I had all the slabs off,

standard.jpg

Once I went all the way around, I switched to taking 8/4 boards off and stacking them out of the way,

standard.jpg

until I had a total of nine 8/4 boards, 17 inches wide!

standard.jpg

NOW, that's what I call some NICE walnut lumber!!

oooooh, and I did get the several 5/4 flitches too!
orig.gif

SR

Here's my firewood tractor at work, loading this walnut,

standard.jpg

on my BSM and then I opened it up,

standard.jpg

WOW, pretty nice log, so I took some wide 5/4 flitches off, turning it until I had all the slabs off,

standard.jpg

Once I went all the way around, I switched to taking 8/4 boards off and stacking them out of the way,

standard.jpg

until I had a total of nine 8/4 boards, 17 inches wide!

standard.jpg

NOW, that's what I call some NICE walnut lumber!!

oooooh, and I did get the several 5/4 flitches too!
orig.gif

SR
beautiful...nice work...:rock:

She's not very big or powerful, but it's all I've got to haul rounds or split stuff around the yard, it does come in very handy. 1967 John Deere 110 with Koehler 8hp...thing weighs 600 lbs. it was dead when I got it, I've gone through just about everything, minus a paint job.

Dow

IMG_1163.JPG IMG_1608.JPG IMG_1984.JPG

My "firewood tractor", was moving/delivering loads of "big bales" today, with my NEW PJ trailer... 11 bale loads,

standard.jpg

I built this hitch for the 3 point out of "scrap" I found in my steel pile, it makes hooking and unhooking trailers in the field, really fast, and will work nicely for loads of firewood too.

standard.jpg

SR

Latest posts

Back