firewood tractors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My "firewood tractor", was moving/delivering loads of "big bales" today, with my NEW PJ trailer... 11 bale loads,

standard.jpg

I built this hitch for the 3 point out of "scrap" I found in my steel pile, it makes hooking and unhooking trailers in the field, really fast, and will work nicely for loads of firewood too.

standard.jpg

SR
What do those bales weigh?

Rob I bet that middle "finger" on your forks come in handy pushing the bale off the forks. We usually stack a double row, double layer and getting (the forks) out from under the bale on the 2nd layer can be tricky.

You are right!

Sometimes the bales don't want to slide off "easily" because you are up so high, you can't tilt the forks down enough. Then I reverse the grapple and it pushes the bale right off...
orig.gif

SR

Picked this gem up Sunday. It runs ok as long as you leave the choke out about 3/4 of the way. It is butt ugly but has new tires on the rear. It has 5 coats of poorly applied paint on it. Loader is tight and works well, it's a Ford 3000, 47 hp 3 cyl gas model with select o speed transmission. I even got a full service manual with it. It will be a work in progress. I'm trying to figure out if I want to convert it to quick attach or just get some clip on forks, i store my wood on half pallets so nothing too heavy.
If you click on the pic you can enlarge it.

Picked this gem up Sunday. It runs ok as long as you leave the choke out about 3/4 of the way. It is butt ugly but has new tires on the rear. It has 5 coats of poorly applied paint on it. Loader is tight and works well, it's a Ford 3000, 47 hp 3 cyl gas model with select o speed transmission. I even got a full service manual with it. It will be a work in progress. I'm trying to figure out if I want to convert it to quick attach or just get some clip on forks, i store my wood on half pallets so nothing too heavy.
If you click on the pic you can enlarge it.

Congrats on the new machine. I don't know much about the SOS, but I hope it tastes you well. If I ended up with one, I'd want to read up on the dos and don'ts before working it hard. I know they're slick when they work right and a terrible thing to try to fix. Have fun with it, and be safe. :)

My "firewood tractor" is still hard at work,

standard.jpg

With a load all cut up, I pulled it home,

standard.jpg

And drove my splitter into place and started splitting the load,

standard.jpg

AND it didn't take too long before I ended up with a nice pile of splits!
orig.gif

standard.jpg

SR

This years fire wood or a start on a future year?
Good way to put the horse to work.

:D Al

Latest posts

Back