First day of summer "break"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pDSP1-13379727v750.jpg I have a Teeter Hangups and it really helps me with my back and disk problems. I had surgery for a Herniated Disk in 2005, back problems for 22 years when I had my first herniated disk. I can't say enough about the Teeter, it decompresses the spine. Firewood work will work against any real relief, when that happens I try to hire some help for the heavy stuff although I really like doing everything myself.

I have a Teeter Hangups and it really helps me with my back and disk problems. I had surgery for a Herniated Disk in 2005, back problems for 22 years when I had my first herniated disk. I can't say enough about the Teeter, it decompresses the spine. Firewood work will work against any real relief, when that happens I try to hire some help for the heavy stuff although I really like doing everything myself.
@lknchoppers Do you have pics of your Teeter Hangups? Like to see what you are referring to.

I have one my buddy let me borrow. Tell me your routine with it. I've been using it some but probably not as much as I should.

I use a plain jane $99.00 inversion table. Works wonders for me. I don't use it as much as I probably should, but 10-15 minutes every couple of nights helps.

if you are having problems with your back 5 mins inverted at 45 to 60 degrees 4 times a day.

Great work on the wood. Wish you the best on the back!

I liked checking your progress this summer. Incredible really, considering how dang muggy it has been most days since the first week of July. Many days I only got a few hours in before calling it. I guess there is something to having a set deadline.

What is your 2016 cord estimate for the summer?
How many days/hours estimate for the summer?

I liked checking your progress this summer. Incredible really, considering how dang muggy it has been most days since the first week of July. Many days I only got a few hours in before calling it. I guess there is something to having a set deadline.

What is your 2016 cord estimate for the summer?
How many days/hours estimate for the summer?
Well I have fallen way short of my goal but between equipment breakdowns and a herniated disk in my back I did ok. The goal was 150. I should come in right around 100 cords. I couldn't begin to tell you days or hours but I did pay my helpers (splitting) for about 200-225 hours.

Well I have fallen way short of my goal but between equipment breakdowns and a herniated disk in my back I did ok. The goal was 150. I should come in right around 100 cords. I couldn't begin to tell you days or hours but I did pay my helpers (splitting) for about 200-225 hours.
What's the prognosis on your back? Will you able to put up production like this in the future?

What's the prognosis on your back? Will you able to put up production like this in the future?
Not sure. Two weeks after the cortisone injection my back is feeling really good. I don't know what the future holds though. My tree service is still dropping off logs which obviously won't be for this year.

image.jpeg image.jpeg Close to 3 cords of ugliest all ready to go in the owb. I use our old pool liner as a cover and it works really well.

I'm impressed at your operation. I think I am definitely slacking. Do you hand load your truck?
I spend a lot of time dealing with firewood. If I didn't have summers off, I wouldn't be able to do a fraction of the wood I have. Thankfully I have been able to make a connection with a tree guy who just drops off log length wood so having the raw material on site really helps. Yes I do load by hand. I have a tractor with a bucket but it's just too damn slow. Once the weather is cool, I can hand load a cord in 20 minutes. It's more like 25 minutes when it's still warm and humid.

image.jpeg image.jpeg See where the piles used to be? The only better site is the cash I got for the wood that was sitting there. It was a slow start but I've moved 30.5 cords so far, 15 of those was this past weekend. Once people turn off their AC, they start thinking about firewood.

Looking good. How has your back been? Mine has been feeling sore and worn out lately.

Where about are you in New Jersey? I have quite a few friends in Cumberland county and they always tell me nobody really burns wood down there, but if they do they get wood from farmers who had blow downs.

I'm in Burlington county and there are plenty of wood burners around here. I wouldn't say there are a lot of serious wood burners but lots of weekend use and people looking to offset their existing heating bills.

Sounds like a better place to be set up. Noted I know mostly farmers down there and they have so much access to wood they have no reason to buy any.

Latest posts

Back