first Husqv-need carb adjusting tool for tapered screws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin j

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Husqv, not really.
Bought a lightweight WeedEater strimmer at Sears. No mention of Poulan (which I knew owned WE) but 'Husqv power products' in the literature.

Anyway, it still has a three screw carb, but the heads are serrated cones, no slots, recessed down in a pocket. There are no limiter caps or springs visible, so I assume the screws are fairly tight in place.

Read somewhere there is a driver tool, but could not find in search. Where can I get the tool with the internal taper? Or will a piece of light brass or alum tubing work to get them out?

Then I will dremel a slot and be able to use a tweaker to adjust.

Very lean. Stumbles on accel, runs quite hot, but I like it because of the light weight for light work. Prior one lasted over 12 years.

kcj

Husqv, not really.
Bought a lightweight WeedEater strimmer at Sears. No mention of Poulan (which I knew owned WE) but 'Husqv power products' in the literature.

Anyway, it still has a three screw carb, but the heads are serrated cones, no slots, recessed down in a pocket. There are no limiter caps or springs visible, so I assume the screws are fairly tight in place.

Read somewhere there is a driver tool, but could not find in search. Where can I get the tool with the internal taper? Or will a piece of light brass or alum tubing work to get them out?

Then I will dremel a slot and be able to use a tweaker to adjust.

Very lean. Stumbles on accel, runs quite hot, but I like it because of the light weight for light work. Prior one lasted over 12 years.

kcj

Hey man,
check and see if the pocket comes off like some of the walbro carbs do. If so you can get them out. Slot them and put the pocket back. If not I use a hemostat and clamp it on them and get them out then slot um with the dremel and a little cut off disk.

done.
the pocket is part of the casting, no chance there.
tks for suggestion but assorted forceps and hemosats, leatherman, needle nose, all were already too thick.
found the tool on ebay for $10 but shipping and time were not worth it.
for some reason copper and brass tubes would not bite properly. I have done that in the past

Got a 12 inch stick of 3/16 OD aluminum tubing about 015 wall from the hobby corner of the hardware store. $1.50, light tapping, out, slotted and tuned.
For a homeowner it worked better than buying and storing the tool.

and no, not messing with the muffler......

kcj

Just for future ref. 530 03 55 60 carb driver for splined socket type carbs. Poulan wildthings alot of poulan weedeater and 137 and 142 huskies have them.

Varmit

The only thing that I don't like is you get about four adjustments and the driver breaks. Their a life saver for 1 to 4 adjustment then you need another on which sucks. 530 03 55 60 1 CARB SCREW DRIVER 8.65 out of stock at bailey

That driver should be carried by anyone that sells them. Most of those carbs need adjusting right out of the box.

Varmit

Ps
The also make a "D" cut socket type that are comon on solo so specify which saw they are for.

kevin j,

If you have a husqvarna dealer near you, check with them on the tool. Dealers here have them at their parts counter. Picked one up a couple weeks back. The cost was $3.50 at local dealer.

done.
the pocket is part of the casting, no chance there.
tks for suggestion but assorted forceps and hemosats, leatherman, needle nose, all were already too thick.
found the tool on ebay for $10 but shipping and time were not worth it.
for some reason copper and brass tubes would not bite properly. I have done that in the past

Got a 12 inch stick of 3/16 OD aluminum tubing about 015 wall from the hobby corner of the hardware store. $1.50, light tapping, out, slotted and tuned.
For a homeowner it worked better than buying and storing the tool.

and no, not messing with the muffler......

kcj
I picked up that carb tool for $10.00 for a Weedeater FL20 that the wife picked up for me at a garage sale.Was brand new but would not run right and the tool works great.It's running like a top now:clap:Maybe a muffler mod but it only has 20cc :jawdrop:

I was going to order one of those adjustment tools and I remembered I had a piece of small steel tubing...about 5/32 or 1/4 can't remember. Used a flare tool and it fit snugly over the head and allowed me to turn the screws, I also put a 90 deg bend in it to act as a handle.

Worked in a pinch (no pun) but would have preferred the tool.

Latest posts

Back