First impression of the Stihl 241c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zenoah design , it's on my list if I find one cheap enough :)
They still show up, along with the Craftsman yellow GZ4000's - sometimes people don't know what they are.

I wish they had put AutoTune on the GZ4000 or GZ4500, along with a less restrictive muffler, instead of doing the 543XP. As it is Stihl is the only one who has a 40cc strato and MT saw, so I have to give them credit. But the price!

any of you guys switch to a different chain than what is stock on the 241? mydealer has 10% off this week and you never know know what can happen around christmas.:rolleyes:
My dealer recommended against it. And I know you don't know my dealer, but his advice is worth gold usually

My dealer recommended against it. And I know you don't know my dealer, but his advice is worth gold usually

I am assuming your dealer recommended against changing pitch of chain, which makes sense. Obviously there is no harm in changing brands or styles of chain within the same pitch, which is what FS was originally talking about.

I am assuming your dealer recommended against changing pitch of chain, which makes sense. Obviously there is no harm in changing brands or styles of chain within the same pitch, which is what FS was originally talking about.
I went with 20" bar so that may be why also

They are cheap and nasty those little bars. Had a mate run a couple over here and the rails are soft as and chipped out 2 noses behind the sprocket. I don't trust GB any more. They can't even come clean on where there bars are made unless put on the spot

They are cheap and nasty those little bars. Had a mate run a couple over here and the rails are soft as and chipped out 2 noses behind the sprocket. I don't trust GB any more. They can't even come clean on where there bars are made unless put on the spot
At the price I paid I don't care where they are made or how long they last. But FWIW mine seem to be holding up fine.

That's better but I recommend an 18 for that and a 16 for the 241.
Well my dealers logic was as follows, they usually normally start with the 20" inch bar on 311 for non pro saws (59CC/ 4.2BHP).
The 261c is 50.2CC/ but 4.0 BHP a mere .2 BHP less than the 311 for being almost 10 CC's less.

He said BHP is a more accurate measurement of a saw's ability to pull a bigger chain than displacement and basing the decision to run a 20 on the 261c off that he had no issue with it and the .325 chain.

Well my dealers logic was as follows, they usually normally start with the 20" inch bar on 311 for non pro saws (59CC/ 4.2BHP).
The 261c is 50.2CC/ but 4.0 BHP a mere .2 BHP less than the 311 for being almost 10 CC's less.

He said BHP is a more accurate measurement of a saw's ability to pull a bigger chain than displacement and basing the decision to run a 20 on the 261c off that he had no issue with it and the .325 chain.
I suppose that would work yes.But I would go shorter.

Back