First time in 10 days

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just lit the fire for the first time in 10 days.
Yesterday I was in a t-shirt... 65°... even the frost has come out'a the driveway.
However... temperature is dropping, blizzard moving it... some of the "weather guessers" are saying it could be the worst blizzard in 10 years for this area.
We've already decided not to open the business tomorrow... 3-day weekend ‼
I guess I'll do the taxes tomorrow (shrug)

Been sorta the same here. Ive been cutting in a Tshirt all week. We lost all our frost a couple weeks ago.

I still have my pole barn sitting in the driveway because I can't get into the yard.

The only thing worse than getting a bunch of snow is getting it on top of mud. And I like snow.

My yard finally froze again. It's been mud here for about a week and a half now. Only drifts and piles left for snow. Spider, that storm looks like a good one. We haven't had measurable snow here in over a month. Had rain and hail with lightning and thunder yesterday tho. Strangest winter I can remember for my area

I didn't go that long only 3 nights without a fire here. Tonight will be the 4th I think. But tomorrow night one will be lit. Most likely until the middle of next week.

Same here, was doing some scrounging on the south side of the property yesterday, tons of tiny red elm to cut up and fair amount of dead oak that doesn't see sunlight. Started out in long sleeve and didn't take long to shed that. Winds pretty much picked up last night and it's just flat out howling here, we're right on the Clay/BV county line by highway 71. Oh well, I managed to split around a cord and a half while it was nice, so by all means that's a cord and a half more than last February. Still need about 2 cord more split by May and I'll be happy, maybe.

Just lit the fire for the first time in 10 days.
Yesterday I was in a t-shirt... 65°... even the frost has come out'a the driveway.
However... temperature is dropping, blizzard moving it... some of the "weather guessers" are saying it could be the worst blizzard in 10 years for this area.
We've already decided not to open the business tomorrow... 3-day weekend ‼
I guess I'll do the taxes tomorrow (shrug)
april 21-22..............................................:D:D

I haven't fed the furnace much wood, maybe once a day for the last 2 weeks. I used more wood boiling maple sap than heating the house. If this warm weather keeps up I will have wood left in the shed for the first time in 10 years. Guess I will just keep the furnace going to for hot water until the wood is out.

Snow this morning.....about a foot. Roads were snow pack ice this morning. Still coming down some now, but the winds are not so bad unless you are in the open.

image.jpeg I haven't let the stove go out since last September, except to shove the coals aside to clean out the ashes. Wish it was warm up here like you guys got it down there. We need some citrus trees up here.
Only 27 F up here now which suites me fine. Days are long and sunny here. It's been a long cold winter, but glad it's over with.

I've got a little over a cord in my garage and I may be taking much of it back out to the wood pile. I haven't had a fire for about a week. We hit 75 yesterday. It's cooling off now though, I'll probably build one soon.

Latest posts

Back