Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

first time order and not impressed

Discussion in 'TreeStuff.com' started by mn woodcutter, Oct 21, 2015.

1. mn woodcutter

mn woodcutter ArboristSite Guru

I ordered from tree stuff for the first time last week. The website said the item I ordered was in stock. It's been 6 days without a tracking number and all I have been told after numerous attempts was that the item was drop shipped and it should be there soon. I've called and emailed tree stuff several times and haven't gotten anywhere. The website was obviously misleading since it was shipped from the factory and they don't actually stock it and then not being able to give me a tracking number and not answering 2 of my emails and not getting back to me after a phone call seems like poor service to me. I'm a pretty forgiving person but I think next time I will purchase my items elsewhere.

2. Cottonoak

Cottonoak ArboristSite Lurker

What did you order?

Lt5717 likes this.
  3. 250R

250R ArboristSite Operative

What did u order? Every thing I've ever ordered from them was in stock.

4. mn woodcutter

mn woodcutter ArboristSite Guru

I ordered a tool that was supposed to be in stock but it turns out that they don't actually stock it but send it from the manufacturer. So they don't send a tracking number nor will they even try to provide one which is a problem because I needed to be there when it was delivered. They didn't call me back or answer several emails. The bottom line is I wasn't impressed and won't be back. There are plenty of other options.

BGE541 likes this.
  5. Pelorus

Pelorus Uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Yeah, there are other options. It's good to have other options.
    But I'd suggest you give them another chance. Luke and Erin (the owners) are decent people who take customer satisfaction really seriously.
    Luke quickly rectified an out-of-stock item that got sidetracked for me today. Easter Monday.
    And he also went above and beyond that with an apology (unnecessary) and a gift certificate (also unnecessary, imo).
    I'm no big time operator with lots of $$$. But TreeStuff treats me like I'm a somebody, not a nobody.

Dave

sweetjetskier likes this.
  6. rageej

rageej ArboristSite Operative

I ordered a carburetor kit from them. All went well. Don't remember if I received tracking or not but the kit came fairly quickly (less than six days). I'm happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Te Rei

Te Rei New Member

Mate you must have a rare complaint. I made an enquiry for a Timberline sharpener and some additional bits. Super swift reply from Eric. Put an order in and it was here in 5 days...wait for it. This was sent to New Zealand. Yes the place at the bottom of the Pacific. Great service.:dancing:

8. ATH

ATH Addicted to ArboristSite

1 day!!! I placed an order at 3:51 (PM) (per confirmatuion email) on Tuesday and it was there yesterday (Wednesday)...shipped free!

I figured with an order that late in the day Trestuff would get it packaged on Wednesday morning and I'd be lucky to get it Friday, thought Monday was most likely. I am impressed with both UPS and Treestuff being that quick.

To the OP: It sounds like they were slower to respond than they should have been/normally are. But I have no problem with something being drop shipped labeled as "in stock" if it is in stock and ready to ship from factory...what do I care if it starts at Point A or Point B? (as long as Point B isn't overseas.)