Fiskars x39 "Spalthammer"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Gotta love those Germans. Efficient and hardworking but they also don't hold back when it comes to tossing back a few. I can't wait to hear your report.

Just found this thread and am wondering the same thing. Would be good to get a review.

Well, it is about wood cutting time again. JUST lit my first fire of the year. I hope to go get some wood this weekend. I have sh** loads cut, needs to be split. I will give a review and a picture.
Wags

That fiskars x46 looks pretty attractive. I found one on amazon germany, but they won't let me ship here. Odd as amazon uk does. Maybe I can contact the seller and ask them if they can help.

Bumpity bump bump!!!

any reports on the big fiskars mauls? heaps of difficult wood to split and looking for a cheaper than hydraulic option!

any reports on the big fiskars mauls? heaps of difficult wood to split and looking for a cheaper than hydraulic option!

If I cant split it and am too lazy to get the Hydraulic out of the garage I just noodle it!
Tom

Know anybody in Europe? Would it be too much to ship one? Shipping would probably kill the deal...

Fiskars 122150 Spalthammer SAFE-T X39: Amazon.de: Baumarkt
Yes, shipping kills the deal. I'm not even sure if you can ship an axe to the US without getting into troubles with customs.

I've got the x27 and can split almost anything. The rest gets noodled. I am curious about these mauls but even getting them in Belgium is hard because they need to be ordered and are way overpriced. So I buy them online in Germany and get them cheaper than my local store, delivered within 24 hours. Fiskars should invest some money in their distribution!

Just looked it up (Post service in Belgium):
It's illegal to ship any weapon, knives and any other sharp or cutting item included. Probably possible for an axe but will take some effort to get it done.

Last edited:
looking at what some of you pay for an x27 i think it would be worth getting one sent to me here in aus. an x27 locally is over $150

#### man! I payed $40 for my X27! Just scored 2 X15's for $11 a piece. Mismarked at the local Walmart. Love sticking it to 'em!:rock:

I payed €79 (included the sharpener) online. Locally they go from €90 to €125 for the x27 alone.

Last edited:
looking at what some of you pay for an x27 i think it would be worth getting one sent to me here in aus. an x27 locally is over $150

Yes it would. I bought one at a farm field day for $au99 in May 2012. I then got 5 from Baileys in the US for about $au85 each delivered in Dec 2012. Although 4 of that later order were not for me.

Found this thread while googling for the Fiskars. So hi all choppers! I live in the Netherlands and need a replacement for my old big maul while chopping wood in the Belgian hills. So I orderded the Fiskars X46 from German Amazon, for 60 euros. Online shops in the Netherlands ask about 80 euros.

Found this thread while googling for the Fiskars. So hi all choppers! I live in the Netherlands and need a replacement for my old big maul while chopping wood in the Belgian hills. So I orderded the Fiskars X46 from German Amazon, for 60 euros. Online shops in the Netherlands ask about 80 euros.

Excellent!!!!

Like Philbert said, keep us posted!

Received the hammer! Packaging by Amazon was pretty lousy as the so-called box had opened from one side, but the Fiskars X46 was not damaged luckily. Now I wait a week until I can try it...

It feel really heavy, not certain though if it is heavier than the maul I normally use.

Attachments

• 20151013_104933.jpg
    20151013_104933.jpg
    861.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20151013_104941.jpg
    20151013_104941.jpg
    838.1 KB · Views: 42
Back