Fitchburg chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like I've ended up with an old Fitchburg 9 inch drum chipper as well. The tag says Asplundh Chipper, manufactured for the Asplundh Chipper Co., but no model # shown. However, it has the spring tensioned feed base plate shown on the Fitchburg drawing posted earlier. I'd like to get a new set of blades and get the originals sharpened, but need to confirm the angle of the blade. In my searching i see the following 2 blades available. 9.000 x 2.750 x .375 with a 41° bevel for M & B Fitchburg, 9 Inch Drum chippers, and 9.00 x 3.00 x .375 TAPERED KNIFE with a 40° bevel for Asplundh 9" drum chippers. It looks like the 3 inch blades would stick out too far from the edge of the drum even when fully inserted. The current four cutter blades are stamped T-12 SCK on the ends, and marked Asplundh Chippers.

Is there any way to definitively find what I have? SN on the plate says 353R4 with an A stamped slightly above it if that means anything other than SN.

I am also in need of a manual.
Lincoln Zaegen,
1600 Meridian Ave.,
Waco TX 76708

I can scan it at work into a .pdf very easily, and then place it in a "dropbox" on the web (it will be very large, prob 20MB) ... anyone will then be able to download it for FREE!! ....and give poor Bill G a break (finally!!)

Back