Foley Belsaw Sharpall 1055

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe these machines were made to set next to your chain grinder to hang your chains on! Lol

No way. Already sharpened several sets of drill bits and chisels. Going to try my hand at circular saw blades next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a 1055. It came with the chain attachment. I can't figure out how to mount it though. The thumb screw is to short to hit the bevel plate. If anyone has an instruction manual for the attachment and could scan it I would greatly appreciate it. Foley is currently out of them. I also need the manual for the grinder. I'm hoping with a little tinkering I can square grind my chain with it. I have been converting round to square by hand. The files are only good for 1 chain, at which point they are very slow cutting.

Not designed for square chain grinding. just a different approach to what all the other grinders due except of course true square grinders.

That's were the tinkering part comes in. I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, I have a lathe and mill. And I work in a fab shop. I think I can make a fixture that will give me the right angles. Mount it to the grinder stand. I've got a lot more room to work with than I do on a 511.

wheel fixed, brings chain into wheel vs every thing else I have seen including square units bringing wheel to chain. I am same type of person mills lathe various tool grinders welders, yup can Rube Goldberg just about anything given enough time.

I just picked one of these up on Craigslist for $150 with the chain sharpener, Drill bit and hone attachments plus the manuals for everything but the main unit. I'll post PDFs of the attachment manuals if anyone needs them... Looking for the 1055 unit manual, anyone???IMG_2372[1].JPG IMG_2373[1].JPG IMG_2374[1].JPG

Anyone ever post a manual for this beast? I picked one up recently for $70 with the chainsaw attachment, Drill bit attachment, chain saw attachment and about 30 stones. I have manuals for everything but the main unit. The setup is a little intimidating...

I just got home from my little marketplace pickup. All those boxes in background are attachments and supplies. Ill post more info later.. 20180518_121130.jpg

Hello all. I have an all most all brand new 1055 that I bought back in 1985. A divorce caused it to be stored in parents basement and now I may set it up. Will be watching this thread.

You did real good, Buddy Roo. Mine was over a grand new in the nineties. The saw chain attachment alone is about $150. I'll see what I can dig up. I know I still got the VHS tape and probably a spare manual. I'm curious, is yours painted Detroit green or black? I'll check back in here and give ya some input over the wknd.
I'd love a copy of that manual I just picked one up for 60.00 with. NO manual

Back