For country folks, whats for supper?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
For starters,
Cajun Coyote

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 cups vegetable oil

* 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning

* 2 tablespoons dried Italian-style seasoning

* 2 tablespoons lemon pepper

* garlic powder to taste

* 2lbs of fresh coyote meat – pounded to 1/2 inch thickness

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a large shallow dish, mix the oil, Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and lemon pepper. Place the coyote meat in the dish, and turn to coat with the mixture. Cover, and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.

2. Preheat the grill for high heat.

3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Drain coyote, and discard marinade. Place coyote on hot grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.

Grilled corn on the cob
Ingredients
  • 8 ears corn, shucked and rinsed
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • Kosher salt
Directions
  1. 1.
    . When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Alternatively, set half the burners on a gas grill to the highest heat setting, cover, and preheat for 10 minutes.

2. 2.
    Place corn directly over hot side of grill and cook, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides and fully tender, about 10 minutes total.
  3. 3.
  4. Remove corn from grill and allow to rest for 2 minutes. Roll in butter, sprinkle with salt, and serve immediately.
Cajun Tater salad

Ingredients
hard-boil eggs (chopped)

• 2 cups green onions (sliced)
  • 1⁄2 medium onion (chopped)
  • 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
  • 3 tablespoons creole mustard (can use horseradish mustard if creole isn't available)
  • cayenne pepper
Directions

• Fill a large pot with water, crab boil seasoning package, and a generous sprinkling of cayenne pepper and tony chacheres. Cover with lid and bring to a boil and let boil for at least 5 minutes (the longer you let it boil, the more flavored the water will become).
    • Reduce heat to med-high and add potatoes. Boil until the potatoes are soft and easily pierced by a fork (approximately 15-20 mins).
    • Drain and cool the potatoes.
    • Chop the potatoes into bite sized pieces. (I like to vary the size of the pieces). Leave the skins on.
    • Put potatoes in a bowl and add the eggs, green onions, onion, mayo, and mustard. Mix together well. Depending on your preferences, you may want to add a little more mayo or mustard.
    • Add a generous sprinkling of cayenne pepper and tony chachere's (approx 1 tbsp of each depending on your tastes). Beware that the spices will get a bit stronger with time. Mix together well.
    • Allow the potato salad to sit in the fridge for at least an hour or so to let the flavors meld together.

There you go with a great meal mostly done on the grill with how to do it.

For dessert try some thing real sweet with honey.

:D Al

Thanks for the recipes, I definitely want to try the potato salad.
Yote killin time is approaching quickly. If I can convince my wife to try it, I'll grill some up. It took two years to get her to eat Turtle, so I'm not holding my breath.
Do you use primarily meat from the hindquarter with the recipe?

What's the yote taste like. Not much for eating dog but never like killing anything that doesn't get et....
Fawn killers get killed on sight. Never thought much about eating one though...

Check the teeth of the coyote for a young one. Take the back straps and hind quarters.
Taste like about any other red meat to me, different than a pork loin but not like a beef roast.

I had Arbys.

Dunno if that makes me country. I can pee in my yard (or poop) without getting the cops called, that count?

Way I look at it is Liberals (IE) city folks have dinner. Conservatives country folks have supper.

I grew up that Breakfast was the first meal of the day. The second meal of the day around noon or shortly there after at HOME was dinner. If you were at work in a factory or other setting where you were away from home was Lunch, there for you brown bagged lunch took a lunch box or bought some lunch. Lunch were also taken to the field for the workers out there sons, daughters and husbands and.
Supper was the last meal of the day where the whole family sat at a table in the dinning room of the home and ate while discussing the day.

Never heard anyone call the last meal of the day dinner till I got a job in the city where liberals tend to live and try to rule those about them to there way of thinking.

I always thought it to be a cultural thing. I know on the farm dinner was a large meal eaten around noon and supper a small evening meal.
around here most call there evening meal supper and noon meal lunch.

Yup. Noon meal is Dinner or lunch, evening meal (around 7-8pm) is supper.

It's the "last supper" right? Not the "last dinner"!

Back