For you pallet scroungers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate that. When you know that they have something in the store that they can't find, or you know that there is something on a web site that you can't find . . .

It's why I search A.S. with Google, instead of the site search function - much more 'forgiving' and 'open minded'.

Philbert

I hate that. When you know that they have something in the store that they can't find, or you know that there is something on a web site that you can't find . . .

It's why I search A.S. with Google, instead of the site search function - much more 'forgiving' and 'open minded'.

Philbert

Yeah, I have gotten where I'll look something up, then call and make them put there hands on it and make sure it's in stock. Then I usually have them put it in will call. The internet is a good research tool.

An 18 wheeler going 70 MPH will take one apart pretty quick. lol
I was taking a load somewhere and I was following another rig on the interstate.
All of the sudden he swerved into the left lane. There right in front of me was an empty pallet in the middle of my lane.
So I swerved and missed it as well. Then he swerved back to the right lane.
There in the left lane was another empty pallet.
I had a high load and knew there was now swerving back without flipping my rig.
Ran over the pallet, and tooth picks came out the back.

True story.

The best one happen when I worked for Western Oil driving a fracking unit.
Somewhere out on the west Texas desert we were convoying about 16 oil fracking units and stroke'r units to a rig out in the middle of no where. A fracking unit is a permitted unit that weighs in at around 140.00 lbs. There so heavy they dont allow you to park off concrete. Because on hot summer days they will sink on an ash-fault parking lot.
I'm in the lead truck and bebop-pin down a gravel road with 15 trucks in a convoy.
Suddenly and pack of wild boars decided to cross the road rite in front of me.
I couldn't pull a break check with the many heave rigs on my tale.
I most of hit 7 or 8 full grown hogs. To surprise, the front wheels actually left the ground and it gave that heavy gig a ruff ride.
After delivering the units it was time to head to the motel.
As we traveled back down that same road. we past where I hit the hogs.
There was pork scatted for about a mile.

Another true story.

The best one happen when I worked for Western Oil driving a fracking unit.
Somewhere out on the west Texas desert we were convoying about 16 oil fracking units and stroke'r units to a rig out in the middle of no where. A fracking unit is a permitted unit that weighs in at around 140.00 lbs. There so heavy they dont allow you to park off concrete. Because on hot summer days they will sink on an ash-fault parking lot.
I'm in the lead truck and bebop-pin down a gravel road with 15 trucks in a convoy.
Suddenly and pack of wild boars decided to cross the road rite in front of me.
I couldn't pull a break check with the many heave rigs on my tale.
I most of hit 7 or 8 full grown hogs. To surprise, the front wheels actually left the ground and it gave that heavy gig a ruff ride.
After delivering the units it was time to head to the motel.
As we traveled back down that same road. we past where I hit the hogs.
There was pork scatted for about a mile.

Another true story.
Definitely an OH CRAP moment!

I made one a couple of years ago .

IMG_20131231_073302.jpg

Just not as fancy .

There's already at least one knock-off. The Princess Auto flyer that arrived yesterday has one ("Grip" brand) for about half the price of the Crescent, so Harbor Freight probably has it too. I'll have to drop in and see if it looks big enough and solid enough to be useful.

Latest posts

Back