• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Ford Inline 6, straight six engine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtc16

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I bought a wood chipper last week, it ran and chipped. Was leaking gas from the carb and it stopped starting because i messed up the wiring by bumping it. Took it to the mechanic, he says when he starts it it leaks so much gas from the carb, exhaust manifold and 1st plug that we shouldn't start it anymore. So now I need to find a straight six engine from '83 or earlier, just figured I'd post here in case someone has one for sale.

Nope but I found a great mechanic in town who traded me $2200 in engine work for $2000 of my tree work. Got a new intake manifold, exhaust manifold, radiator, carb, carb heat shield, guages and wiring. She chips good now, I have 4/9 knive bolts stripped so I only have 5 sharp knives though.

Nope but I found a great mechanic in town who traded me $2200 in engine work for $2000 of my tree work. Got a new intake manifold, exhaust manifold, radiator, carb, carb heat shield, guages and wiring. She chips good now, I have 4/9 knive bolts stripped so I only have 5 sharp knives though.
Ok i hae a whole whisper chipper for sale just needs carb fixed thats why i asked...good luck to ya

When u change blades torch the heads off the striped bolts. If you do it careful you melt the head of bolt off and not the wedge! I have done it a few times over the years. I change my bolts at first sign of them getting wallered.

When u change blades torch the heads off the striped bolts. If you do it careful you melt the head of bolt off and not the wedge! I have done it a few times over the years. I change my bolts at first sign of them getting wallered.
I don't know if I'm confident in doing that. Where does the melted part go?

I don't know if I'm confident in doing that. Where does the melted part go?
It splatters out when u hit oxy! use an older tip as its sorta tough on the tip, keep the cone as centered as possible straight down on the allen head when the bolt turns red bump oxy!! You can dig out some slag with screwdriver as you goto cut down on the splatter. The bolt being smaller gets hot faster than the wedge you know! wear protection

What you mean oxy? I was thinking of a hand held propane torch will that work? Sounds like something I could mess up pretty easily though, will probably take it to the mechanic someday

Oxyacetylene. Not propane. If you don't have one, get one. You won't regret it.
Practice on junk before you use on equipment.

What you mean oxy? I was thinking of a hand held propane torch will that work? Sounds like something I could mess up pretty easily though, will probably take it to the mechanic someday
I'm talking about the oxygen lever to blow out the melting metal on a real cutting torch!! No a map torch wont do here however a propane cutting torch will. Your best bet would be to have it done by your local welder.

There's not much room at all to weld in there I think I may buy a few sockets and take it to a welding shop in town and see if they can do. Doubt I should try it

Back