Found a early 10mm 044 today,,

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well for what it's worth,

I ordered a DP cover and HD2 type filter today.....

Surprised Mustang Mike has not been in here yet.

Yup, slobber runnin down the side of yer chin is usually a dead give a way.

you think the drool was a give away? :) shocked he dropped $25 off the price and didn't ad $25 to the price!

as I was leaving he said, maybe I should have asked more,,, I just smiled and said it was a fair price :)

I said, "I have cut with"... your mileage may vary:D

What is this "cut with" you speak of?

I was under the impression that chainsaws are for looking at, and talking about. This idea of putting fuel in them is almost as ludicrous as "cutting cookies".

UgQX1Aj.jpeg

Don't know how I missed this thread, but glad to see you are doing the right thing with this saw! The HD2 and dp cover will definitely wake it up. And if you ever decide to port it, Randy's new recipe for these saws really wakes them up.

That also looks like a 24" wide nose bar you got there. The one that came with my last 044 (a western saw) was .063 Gage, which I like.

Congrats and good luck with it, and keep us posted on how you like it. Seem to be a lot of 044 purchased recently by AS members.

I was wondering what took you so long to find this thread :)

Yes it's a 24" wide nose bar, and it's .063 gauge, this saw was bought new at one the two local dealers near me that I deal with, all they stock is .063 B&C's, if you want .050 stuff they have to order it in. So 99% of the stuff they send out the door has .063

I doubt I will ever have this saw ported. I dont even think I am going to use it much, kind of sad I know but it is so minty!! I have another nice early one owner 10mm 044, I've been staring at,,, I think its time to put it in service and start treating it like a rented mule, and just look at this one now :) I'll probably just save this one for GTG's and such :)

Latest posts

Back